Home » Community » It arrived! » Custom Green Lantern and Red Lantern Rings
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Custom Green Lantern and Red Lantern Rings [message #24909] Wed, 16 March 2011 22:28 UTC Go to next message
avatar a2e  is currently offline a2e
Go to all my models
Here are my custom Green Lantern and Red Lantern rings done in alumide. Two are size 14 and two are size 12. I am very happy with the way they came out. I am going to paint the green rings tonight so that I have them for St. Patricks day / my birthday. I will get up more pics once they are painted.index.php?t=getfile&id=7604&private=0

Re: Custom Green Lantern and Red Lantern Rings [message #24913 is a reply to message #24909 ] Thu, 17 March 2011 01:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Looks like there is a demand for it.

Check out the article in the New Yorker

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/books/2011/03/3-d-prin ting-leaping-off-the-page.html

Duann Scott

Re: Custom Green Lantern and Red Lantern Rings [message #24925 is a reply to message #24909 ] Thu, 17 March 2011 14:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Well happy birthday, drink one for me, and I'll do the same as well Wink.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Custom Green Lantern and Red Lantern Rings [message #24941 is a reply to message #24925 ] Thu, 17 March 2011 19:10 UTC Go to previous message
avatar a2e  is currently offline a2e
Go to all my models
I had planed to drink plenty of green beer anyway. But I will have an extra one just for you Cool

Anyway, here is a pic of the green rings painted. The result is okay, but I did not realize this material is so porous.
index.php?t=getfile&id=7619&private=0

Previous Topic:Funky mobius strip earrings
Next Topic:Yet another W.o.W

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.