Home » Support » Buying » INC VAT showing on price for Australia
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
INC VAT showing on price for Australia [message #24876] Wed, 16 March 2011 07:36 UTC Go to next message
avatar cem  is currently offline cem
Go to all my models
It's been awhile since I have ordered anything so I can't remember exactly how things went. Now today when I went to order one of my models it kept coming up with INC VAT for the price.

I'm in Australia I had the proper country selected on the dropdown so shouldn't the price I'm seeing be EX VAT or does it change when you go to the actual checkout.

Thanks
cem
Re: INC VAT showing on price for Australia [message #24877 is a reply to message #24876 ] Wed, 16 March 2011 09:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar barrys  is currently offline barrys
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi cem,

when you choose a country, the VAT percentage for that country is added to the price. As Australia doesn't pay VAT, the percentage will be 0%.
You can check this on the confirm page right before you order.
You will see something like:

of which VAT (0%) $ 0.00

Regards,

Barry
Re: INC VAT showing on price for Australia [message #24889 is a reply to message #24876 ] Wed, 16 March 2011 15:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar horst  is currently offline horst
Go to all my models
I work here
I'm pretty sure this text has always displayed (here in the USA, we also don't collect VAT, yet the text appears for me too).

This is a small nuisance that I've got scheduled for a fix in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for reporting it!

-Ben

Shapeways Front-End Product Lead
Re: INC VAT showing on price for Australia [message #24953 is a reply to message #24876 ] Fri, 18 March 2011 01:04 UTC Go to previous message
avatar cem  is currently offline cem
Go to all my models
Thankyou for the explanation guys.

Cheers,

cem

Previous Topic:Coupon prematurely invalidated
Next Topic:Shipping to someone else - any news?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.