Home » Support » Bug Reporting » resubmit and edit previous orders
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
resubmit and edit previous orders [message #24540] Mon, 07 March 2011 15:48 UTC Go to next message
avatar baltimore  is currently offline baltimore
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
I'd like to be able to click one of my previous orders and add it to my cart to order it again.

Sometimes I place an order 10 of part a, and 10 of part b and 10 of part c, and 12 of part d, and 6 of part e and I'd like to easily be able to order the same thing again, or something close. I want to add the whole previous order to my cart with the same qty and material settings as before, and have the ability to edit the order right there, instead of having to go back and add each part like I did the first time.

Does this make sense?

www.Custom3dStuff.com
Re: resubmit and edit previous orders [message #24542 is a reply to message #24540 ] Mon, 07 March 2011 15:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I can definitely see where this would come in handy!

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: resubmit and edit previous orders [message #24544 is a reply to message #24542 ] Mon, 07 March 2011 16:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
It'd be swell to have a behind the scenes option for me to order my own parts from a list. The site is kind of slow when I want to add things to my cart, change materials, etc. to just grab from a file listing would be quick

www.Custom3dStuff.com
Re: resubmit and edit previous orders [message #24546 is a reply to message #24540 ] Mon, 07 March 2011 16:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I included that in my email along with the link to this post Wink

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
Re: resubmit and edit previous orders [message #24689 is a reply to message #24546 ] Wed, 09 March 2011 20:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar horstnyc  is currently offline horstnyc
Go to my shop
This is a pretty good idea, Baltimore. I'll think through how we can implement it best.

Did you note the small change we deployed yesterday that adds a dropdown material selection menu in the top right of each product detail page? Now you don't have to scroll down and click through the materials tabs to choose the material you want to order.

-Ben
Re: resubmit and edit previous orders [message #24759 is a reply to message #24540 ] Fri, 11 March 2011 15:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
What would be great is an "add to cart" button that didn't take you to your cart.

Re: resubmit and edit previous orders [message #24860 is a reply to message #24540 ] Tue, 15 March 2011 21:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar horst  is currently offline horst
Go to all my models
I work here
I definitely agree on the "Add to Cart" button. Not having to continually go to your cart and then back to shopping could save lots of time when you need to order many models.

Shapeways Front-End Product Lead
Re: resubmit and edit previous orders [message #28820 is a reply to message #24540 ] Thu, 09 June 2011 15:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar horst  is currently offline horst
Go to all my models
I work here
Our Add to Cart buttons on product pages and the gallery will now add the item to your cart without redirecting you to the cart.

When you activate this from the gallery, it will use the default material set for the product (there's no other way to specify it from a gallery page).

-Ben

Shapeways Front-End Product Lead
Re: resubmit and edit previous orders [message #31132 is a reply to message #24540 ] Tue, 19 July 2011 14:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
So since Ben is gone, can we have someone else look into this resubmit/edit previous orders?

www.Custom3dStuff.com
Re: resubmit and edit previous orders [message #32197 is a reply to message #31132 ] Sat, 06 August 2011 14:02 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stefan_z  is currently offline stefan_z
Go to my shop
Another aspect of re-ordering stuff:
I can view my orders, he shows me the items with truncated names and I can not click anything! Add links to the orders / invoices, please!

Also the PDFs are kinda messed up. The look fine in Acrobat, but in Apple Peview.app the don't.

See picture:
index.php?t=getfile&id=10382&private=0

I guess this is related to the DOMPDF Converter used in the process, yet we live in 2011 so maybe take a look at this too...

Previous Topic:What materials would you like to see cast by Shapeways?
Next Topic:"Nr of views" update broken?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.