Home » Shapeways » Official Announcements » Shapeways site update of February 24th 2011
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shapeways site update of February 24th 2011 [message #24194] Thu, 24 February 2011 12:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar barrys  is currently offline barrys
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi all,

we had a small site update today. We fixed the following bugs:

- Guest users were able to rate models in the gallery and thus be able to rate a model multiple times when they have a new session id. This has been fixed and you see the text 'You have to login to rate' back again.

- Earlier this week we fixed the listview in the galleries, where you sometimes could see html characters of certain signs like for example double qoutes.

--Barry
Re: Shapeways site update of February 24th 2011 [message #24315 is a reply to message #24194 ] Mon, 28 February 2011 13:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Barry  is currently offline Barry
Go to my shop
barrys wrote on Thu, 24 February 2011 12:55

- Guest users were able to rate models in the gallery and thus be able to rate a model multiple times when they have a new session id. This has been fixed and you see the text 'You have to login to rate' back again.

The product details page had the same issue. This has been fixed this morning.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 February 2011 13:42 UTC]

Re: Shapeways site update of February 24th 2011 [message #24489 is a reply to message #24315 ] Sun, 06 March 2011 00:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
For the last few days, the site has been asking me if I want to allow shapeways.com to open a page at facebook.com (message attached). It seems to be happening any time I go to a model's detail page.

index.php?t=getfile&id=7507&private=0

I am using Win7/IE8.. latest patches.

I don't know if this is because of a change from Shapeways or Microsoft, but it's annoying. I don't use Facebook on a regular basis, and I'd rather not be prompted with this extra 'error'.

• Attachment: FB.jpg
    (Size: 51.07KB, Downloaded 155 time(s))

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Shapeways site update of February 24th 2011 [message #24507 is a reply to message #24489 ] Sun, 06 March 2011 17:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi stonysmith,

the product details pages indeed need to contact the facebook website for the Facebook like plugin that is present on our product details pages for a few weeks now. It collects the data for how many people used the like button.

You can add facebook to your trusted websites list to prevent the warning for showing up.

Barry
Re: Shapeways site update of February 24th 2011 [message #24510 is a reply to message #24507 ] Sun, 06 March 2011 18:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
barrys wrote on Sun, 06 March 2011 17:50

Hi stonysmith,

the product details pages indeed need to contact the facebook website for the Facebook like plugin that is present on our product details pages for a few weeks now. It collects the data for how many people used the like button.

You can add facebook to your trusted websites list to prevent the warning for showing up.

Barry

Forgive my ingnorance, but isn't that just like going back to allowing/blocking offsite popups from 5-8 years ago?
Re: Shapeways site update of February 24th 2011 [message #24512 is a reply to message #24510 ] Sun, 06 March 2011 18:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
stop4stuff wrote on Sun, 06 March 2011 18:23

Forgive my ingnorance, but isn't that just like going back to allowing/blocking offsite popups from 5-8 years ago?

Offcourse, but if you don't want to change you're security settings, then that's what you have to do to remove the warning popup Smile.
Offcourse you can also disable that data from accross domains will be downloaded, then the like button will simply not show (and you also won't be prompted to give it access)

[Updated on: Sun, 06 March 2011 18:55 UTC]

Re: Shapeways site update of February 24th 2011 [message #24514 is a reply to message #24512 ] Sun, 06 March 2011 19:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Oh righto... i can't remember the last time i've needed to actively block something... shows how much i've forgotten over the years Embarassed

Previous Topic:Shapeways site update of February 17th 2011
Next Topic:Shapeways site update of March 15th 2011

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.