Home » Community » Work in progress » saving as VRML2
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
saving as VRML2 [message #24457] Fri, 04 March 2011 15:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar larry andrews  is currently offline larry andrews
Go to my shop
I'm getting the error message
When trying to find the textures that your design needs it seems they are missing.

I'm using Geomagic and it saves the VRML2 files as
(.wrl and _i1.bmp ) not as a .jpg can you tell me the type of software to use as I can not change the format it saves in
Re: saving as VRML2 [message #24458 is a reply to message #24457 ] Fri, 04 March 2011 15:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Trying to change the bit map to jpeg? you can use MSpaint for that. I also enjoy using Paint.net (a free photoshop like software).

Did you put both files in a zip folder and upload the zip folder?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: saving as VRML2 [message #24460 is a reply to message #24458 ] Fri, 04 March 2011 16:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar larry andrews  is currently offline larry andrews
Go to my shop
I changed it but it would not work after
Re: saving as VRML2 [message #24461 is a reply to message #24457 ] Fri, 04 March 2011 16:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
You changed the bit map to a jpeg? did you try opening the VRML in a VRML viewer to be sure that the jpeg is tagged in their properly? seeing the software save a vrml and a bit map, you probably have to open the vrml in notpad and change all the instances of bip to jpeg. If you want you can put up the files and I'll see if I can help, or you can email them to me if you don't want everyone to have them.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Dice Templates
Next Topic:Die Cast or 3D Print?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.