Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Markups for us?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Markups for us? [message #2445] Mon, 12 January 2009 16:31 UTC Go to next message
avatar Whystler  is currently offline Whystler
Go to my shop

When we buy an item from our own shop, do we pay the markup, which then gets added to the profit Shapeways pays us? Or does the markup not apply when we buy?

Definately, it would make more sense if the application sensed who the creator of a piece is, and then did not apply the markup.

At the moment, when I order my pieces, I go in and change the markup to zero (just in case), buy the item, and then go back and change the markup to where it was before. This is a little messy, because at least once I have forgotten and left it without a markup.

I wonder if any sold while it had no markup? Smile

-Whystler

Check out my website: http://tshawnjohnson.wordpress.com/
Re: Markups for us? [message #2446 is a reply to message #2445 ] Mon, 12 January 2009 17:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
Quote:

At the moment, when I order my pieces, I go in and change the markup to zero (just in case), buy the item, and then go back and change the markup to where it was before

That's also the way I do at the moment ...

Andreas

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once)
Re: Markups for us? [message #2454 is a reply to message #2446 ] Tue, 13 January 2009 14:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar joris  is currently offline joris
Go to all my models
Andreas/Whysler,

Yes, that is the case I would reccommend that you buy the model while it is not in your Shop to avoid "paying yourself" and also of course incurring the Shop fee of 3.5%.

Joris
Re: Markups for us? [message #2455 is a reply to message #2445 ] Tue, 13 January 2009 14:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bvicarious  is currently offline bvicarious
Go to my shop
We can also upload the same file a second time and not mark it available to the shop, correct?
Re: Markups for us? [message #2461 is a reply to message #2455 ] Tue, 13 January 2009 18:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Whystler  is currently offline Whystler
Go to my shop
Thats a good idea Bvi

-Whystler

Check out my website: http://tshawnjohnson.wordpress.com/
Re: Markups for us? [message #2462 is a reply to message #2455 ] Tue, 13 January 2009 19:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar daddymack  is currently offline daddymack
Go to my shop
Yup, good workaround Mr Vicarious :beer:
Re: Markups for us? [message #2471 is a reply to message #2462 ] Wed, 14 January 2009 18:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar joris  is currently offline joris
Go to all my models
True: thats way better than my solution.

Joris
Re: Markups for us? [message #2584 is a reply to message #2471 ] Fri, 23 January 2009 02:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dalhimar  is currently offline Dalhimar
Go to my shop
Heres an idea, The markups, why not make it so you can set a base percentage markup in your settings, such as a 5%, now i know for some this is not a good idea, but for those just wanting to upload a model to their shop and not worry, then having a automatic markup system would be nice.
Re: Markups for us? [message #3061 is a reply to message #2445 ] Fri, 20 February 2009 21:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
Today I wanted to order some of my pieces but stopped frustrated by setting my markup to zero, block it from ordering from outside, order all the items, ...
Sorry but that problem is annoying ....
Please search for a change !!!!
(setting the markup to zero for owned items automatically by the order procedure should be possible)
Andreas

[Updated on: Fri, 20 February 2009 21:40 UTC]

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once)
Re: Markups for us? [message #3752 is a reply to message #3061 ] Sat, 04 April 2009 18:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BAROBA  is currently offline BAROBA
Go to my shop
An idea would be that shapeways mades another checkbox which asks if we want another not-visible version for personal use.
This would eliminate the need to reupload the model again as a private model.
I have no idea if this is a problem for shapeways when we have multiple versions of any model. It would save them some hard disk space.
Re: Markups for us? [message #4087 is a reply to message #2445 ] Mon, 27 April 2009 13:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar coines23  is currently offline coines23
Go to my shop
In addition to a little shop here, I've got a PoD T-shirt shop elsewhere. Over there, it recognizes when I'm buying stuff from my own shop and it removes my markup automatically.
Re: Markups for us? [message #4262 is a reply to message #4087 ] Tue, 05 May 2009 12:30 UTC Go to previous message
avatar RalphVdB  is currently offline RalphVdB
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Guys,

we'll p ut this on our list, so that we can come up with a fix as soon as possible!

Shapeways International Customer Service Manager

Previous Topic:Minimum upload size (in cm)
Next Topic:Gallery on one page, please..

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.