Home » Community » It arrived! » Ball, Bracelet, and Dod Earrings
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Ball, Bracelet, and Dod Earrings [message #24257] Fri, 25 February 2011 18:38 UTC Go to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
They arrived! And quite fast!
The MegaWireSphere is the only surviving member of a family of balls I designed times ago. This is the only one that sold, and strangely, I hadn't order it myself... until today.
So here it is, in Winter Red Strong and Flexible:
index.php?t=getfile&id=7298&private=0

It bounces quite well, and should be an entertaining toy for a cat... I will make a video soon. The cat is not included. Very Happy

I also received my Stitch Bracelet (Medium) in Winter Red Strong and Flexible.
index.php?t=getfile&id=7299&private=0

I also designed some earrings with a dodecahedron shape. One design is for plastic, with a ball inside. Here you can see it in Alumide:
index.php?t=getfile&id=7300&private=0

The other one is in Metal and so does not have the internal ball. Here in Stainless Steel:
index.php?t=getfile&id=7301&private=0

Unfortunately, the Dod Pendant (similar design but bigger) that I ordered in Metal could not be printed (cause only 2 mm instead of the mininum 3 mm).
The earrings are also 2 mm but I guess that, as they are smaller, they are also sturdier.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 February 2011 18:40 UTC]

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: Ball, Bracelet, and Dod Earrings [message #24323 is a reply to message #24257 ] Mon, 28 February 2011 16:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
@Magic These are such creative models. Smile

Your bracelet gets me thinking a bit about the jewelry possibilities with SF. To be honest, I'd kind of written it off in my mind because I really prefer delicate jewelry and I though that SF wasn't fit for that. You've proven that SF can create fun and intricate pieces though!

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Ball, Bracelet, and Dod Earrings [message #24328 is a reply to message #24323 ] Mon, 28 February 2011 17:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Thanks for the kind words, Ana.
The flexibility of this bracelet is quite interesting. I will have to make a larger version because if your hand is too large, it will not be flexible enough to enlarge itself to let your hand go through it. But instead, you can turn the inside face out! and the resulting shape is quite strange Smile. It is difficult to explain, but i will make a video to show that...

Re: Ball, Bracelet, and Dod Earrings [message #24331 is a reply to message #24323 ] Mon, 28 February 2011 18:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
ana wrote on Mon, 28 February 2011 16:59

@Magic These are such creative models. Smile

Your bracelet gets me thinking a bit about the jewelry possibilities with SF. To be honest, I'd kind of written it off in my mind because I really prefer delicate jewelry and I though that SF wasn't fit for that. You've proven that SF can create fun and intricate pieces though!

That's why we want Shapeways to BRING BACK SILVER Smile

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Ball, Bracelet, and Dod Earrings [message #24333 is a reply to message #24331 ] Mon, 28 February 2011 18:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
@lensman, did you not hear the news?

It's coming! We found a supplier, and we're setting prices and dates right now. I talked about it during Shapeways Live last week. Smile

Re: Ball, Bracelet, and Dod Earrings [message #24336 is a reply to message #24257 ] Mon, 28 February 2011 19:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yay! No, I didn't hear! Shapeways Live is always on when I'm working Sad

Didn't see that news posted anywhere else - and if not then get on it Very Happy

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Ball, Bracelet, and Dod Earrings [message #24337 is a reply to message #24336 ] Mon, 28 February 2011 19:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
I <3 making people happy Very Happy

Re: Ball, Bracelet, and Dod Earrings [message #24338 is a reply to message #24337 ] Mon, 28 February 2011 20:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
By the way, I missed the live session too, and I wanted to have a look at the podcast, but for me it stops after 6 minutes or something. anyone having the same issue?

Re: Ball, Bracelet, and Dod Earrings [message #24407 is a reply to message #24257 ] Thu, 03 March 2011 05:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar DevilsJeweller  is currently offline DevilsJeweller
Go to all my models
Did shapeways provide the earring hangers, or did you have to buy and fit them yourself?

[Updated on: Thu, 03 March 2011 05:57 UTC]

Re: Ball, Bracelet, and Dod Earrings [message #24409 is a reply to message #24407 ] Thu, 03 March 2011 06:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Shapeways provides the hooks for the earring for these model for free.
I asked them to do so and they will now be added to these models for anyone who order them.

If you are a designer and you want hooks to be added to your own design of earrings, just send an e-mail asking so to service(at)shapeways(dot)com with "Combinatory earrings" as title (do not forget to mention the number of the model and to add a link to it).
The internal diameter of the ring that will receive the hook must be 1.3 mm.

For necklace same thing. Just change the title to "Combinatory necklace", and the ring must be 3 mm if I remember well.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 March 2011 06:50 UTC]

Re: Ball, Bracelet, and Dod Earrings [message #24418 is a reply to message #24338 ] Thu, 03 March 2011 15:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Glenn, that's weird about the screencast. Are you still having trouble with it?

Re: Ball, Bracelet, and Dod Earrings [message #24423 is a reply to message #24418 ] Thu, 03 March 2011 20:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Actually, that was me having problems with the screencast, but it is working perfectly now: I could see it until the end Smile.
Thank you Ana and Nancy!
In case someone is looking for the link, this is this one: http://www.shapeways.com/community/live-archive/february-23r d-2011

Re: Ball, Bracelet, and Dod Earrings [message #24480 is a reply to message #24423 ] Sat, 05 March 2011 17:20 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Added the video of the (bouncing) ball and the stitch bracelet inside out...

Previous Topic:First Ring in Bronze
Next Topic:Stitch Bracelet

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.