Home » Community » General Discussion » Updating the website for Dark Grey and Indigo
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Updating the website for Dark Grey and Indigo [message #24189] Thu, 24 February 2011 10:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
During yesterday's Shapeways Live webcast we announced two new colors for Dyed White Strong & Flexible: Dark Grey and Indigo.

When we implemented them on the website they were inadvertently also added to all the models in our database, which caused problems for shopowners.

We are currently in the process of rectifying this, but as we have over 200,000 models on the site this takes a few hours. In the mean time, you may be seeing cached information on the site and ordering models in the new materials may not yet be possible.

We expect the update will be ready later today - we'll update this forum post once it's all done.

For shopowners: if you had already updated the markup on your models for these new materials, these changes will be lost. We're sorry for the inconvenience this caused and we've made sure this will not happen again in the future.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Updating the website for Dark Grey and Indigo [message #24190 is a reply to message #24189 ] Thu, 24 February 2011 10:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Thanks for the quick resolve! Thumbs Up

Why do these things always happen after a sleepless night on a busy day? Stupid Murphy..

But, in line with this, is it possible for shop-owners to get some insight into sales when the mark-up is zero?

Especially for last night? Essentially, any orders in the new material made last night are incorrect..

And the current system allows for easy mistakes regarding markup (on shop-owner side)
If we forget to add the markup for one material, we would have no way of telling. So an object would sell without markup without us ever knowing.

For example, on a product page, if you fill in the markup for one material, everything seems ok, but other materials do no have a markup then yet. It would be a better system if the first mark-up entered, sets the same markup for all materials.
And/or a button on the product page "markup to all" like on the inventory matrix.

And whenever a new material is added (automatically or manually) the mark-up should be set to at least the minimum?

Cheers,

Stijn

[Updated on: Thu, 24 February 2011 11:48 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Updating the website for Dark Grey and Indigo [message #24191 is a reply to message #24189 ] Thu, 24 February 2011 11:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Thanks for acting quickly on this Bart http://www.shapeways.com/forum/images/message_icons/icon14.gif

Re: Updating the website for Dark Grey and Indigo [message #24200 is a reply to message #24190 ] Thu, 24 February 2011 15:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ray716  is currently offline Ray716
Go to my shop
In line with what Stijn posted.. For the Strong and Flexible Materials, since they are updated frequently, maybe have a Category price? with the option to change each individual.

So, you would put in say $5.00 for the Category of Plastics, then change say Indigo to $5.50 if you wanted, That way, when Indigo and Grey change to something else this summer There is already a "Basic Mark-up" for the new colors.

Just my 2 cents.

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Updating the website for Dark Grey and Indigo [message #24211 is a reply to message #24189 ] Thu, 24 February 2011 18:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Related to materials.

On the model page, when removing a material from the 'unavailable' list, the material does not get updated into the 'Make your Profit' list without first refreshing the model page.... clicking on 'save changes' makes no difference to the 'Make your Profit' list either.
Re: Updating the website for Dark Grey and Indigo [message #46503 is a reply to message #24189 ] Thu, 05 April 2012 06:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
I'm still having this issue with one of my models. The Dark Grey and Indigo is available to purchase and it doesn't give me an option to remove it. Its only on my skull ring.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: Updating the website for Dark Grey and Indigo [message #46509 is a reply to message #24189 ] Thu, 05 April 2012 12:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Sal, check now. Those colors should be disappearing all together, and being replaced by the new colors. If you still have the issue, report it in the newly updated feedback and bug section (formally just feedback).

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Updating the website for Dark Grey and Indigo [message #46572 is a reply to message #46509 ] Fri, 06 April 2012 04:50 UTC Go to previous message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Thanks man. Everything is back to normal...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver

Previous Topic:WOW
Next Topic:Not printable materials after upload

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.