Home » Support » 3D Printing » Edges
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Edges [message #24154] Wed, 23 February 2011 10:22 UTC Go to next message
avatar Beetroot-chan  is currently offline Beetroot-chan
Go to my shop
i made a little set of weapon attachments for some of my figures. they got past the uploading stage, but when i ordered a set they were rejected for having thin walls. i think the walls are thin on the edges of the swords. however, the only way i can think of thickening these swords on the edge is by chamfering the edges, except that makes it look a lot less sword like and more like a giant block. also to keep the same surface area the volume increases a bit too. is there any other way of keeping the profile of the sword? unless there was another bit that had thin walls.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm257/IkeFrog/Untitled-1-14.jpg?t=1298456282 http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm257/IkeFrog/Untitled-1- 14.jpg?t=1298456282

[Updated on: Wed, 23 February 2011 10:23 UTC]

Re: Edges [message #24158 is a reply to message #24154 ] Wed, 23 February 2011 11:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
The rejection email should have an image attached showing the problem areas.

Depending upon the material you are having the model printed in, you can oversize the edge and then sand/file it back to meet your requirements.
Re: Edges [message #24160 is a reply to message #24158 ] Wed, 23 February 2011 12:02 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Beetroot-chan  is currently offline Beetroot-chan
Go to my shop
no attachment .-.

only attachments from shapeways were in the payment confirmation email.

i could just oversize the edge but i am trying to keep the price low. i guess that's the only option though. bleghy.

Previous Topic:Really late delivery
Next Topic:3D printed phone case

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.