Home » Community » It arrived! » 4-4 case for iPhone 4
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
4-4 case for iPhone 4 [message #23682] Thu, 10 February 2011 17:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar MichielCornelissen  is currently offline MichielCornelissen
Go to my shop
Wow... been a while since I had something to show around here! But finally, news.

Left my vintage Nokia flip-phone (if you don't know what those were, don't worry, it's not important) on a train, so I finally had the right excuse to get an iPhone. A gorgeous object, of course, so I wasn't too happy with all the cases that make you forget you even have an iPhone 4. From there, I set out to design a case that would add the minimum bulk, weight and complexity to the phone, while providing some crucial protection to its most vulnerable parts.

Anyway, 4-4 is here; have a look and tell me what you think. I think it may be the smallest/lightest iPhone 4 case around, but, uhm, not sure how to check that Smile
Fits Verizon and GSM versions of iPhone.

Cheers, Michiel

shapeways product page

product page at my site

index.php?t=getfile&id=7056&private=0

www.michielcornelissen.com
twitter: @michiel_ontwerp
Re: 4-4 case for iPhone 4 [message #23703 is a reply to message #23682 ] Thu, 10 February 2011 22:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Gijs  is currently offline Gijs
Go to my shop
Hey Michiel,

another great design, it was well worth the wait!
I coudn't agree more with you about all the bulky cases that hide the beauty of the phone. It has kept me from buying a case for long, but this one is so nice that I ordered one right away.

Good luck with the sales, I suspect this is going to be a best seller!

www.studiogijs.nl
Re: 4-4 case for iPhone 4 [message #23718 is a reply to message #23703 ] Fri, 11 February 2011 09:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Wow Gijs that's nice to hear, thanks! Let me know how you like it!

Michiel

Re: 4-4 case for iPhone 4 [message #23723 is a reply to message #23718 ] Fri, 11 February 2011 17:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Michiel,

I ordered one too. Curious to see how it turns out!

I use your padfoot quite often and bring it with me on every trip.

Robert
Re: 4-4 case for iPhone 4 [message #23728 is a reply to message #23723 ] Fri, 11 February 2011 19:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hey robert, great to hear - on both counts! Do let me know how you like the case.

I might have some news on padfoot too, one of these days...

Re: 4-4 case for iPhone 4 [message #23912 is a reply to message #23728 ] Wed, 16 February 2011 14:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Gijs  is currently offline Gijs
Go to my shop
Hey Michiel,

just received the (red) case (that's the quickest delivery I've ever had, 4 working days counting from last thursday evening !)

I've just put it around my wife's phone, she will test drive it Smile
I will let you know how it performs in about a week or so.

One thing I can already mention, but this is more a production/shapeways limitation: would have been nice if the case had been printed flat. Right now it is printed on one of the long sides, and this side is now a lot rougher than the other long side. In fact on this side the layers are very obvious, while the opposite side is completely smooth.

(This would be a great design in rubber coated steel)

www.studiogijs.nl
Re: 4-4 case for iPhone 4 [message #23913 is a reply to message #23912 ] Wed, 16 February 2011 14:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
That is quick. I think it even arrived before I saw the message that it was sent.

Thanks for the feedback, and would love to hear your wife's opinion too. If it's too horrible e-mail me direct Smile

You're right about the printing direction, 'd be great if one day we could control that. Although I tell myself I actually like some of the printing lines...

hey Michiel [message #27320 is a reply to message #23913 ] Wed, 11 May 2011 20:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cy6670  is currently offline cy6670
Go to all my models
Just dowering, when the case will be availble ?? I like it really much, but it seems can not order right now.
chees

Kai
icon14.gif  Re: 4-4 case for iPhone 4 [message #40253 is a reply to message #23682 ] Wed, 14 December 2011 19:39 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Mstyle183  is currently offline Mstyle183
Go to my shop
wow this is excellent work.. question where did you get the iphone 3d model.. i wanna design my own case but i dont see anywhere.. i dont want to have messed up measurements and screw up my 1st design

Previous Topic:Silver Bamboo Cuff
Next Topic:Svengoolie FUD woes

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.