Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Changes to max cost of a co-creator
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Changes to max cost of a co-creator [message #23027] Tue, 25 January 2011 20:21 UTC Go to next message
avatar pittance  is currently offline pittance
Go to my shop
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I've tried to change the maximum cost of a co-creator (I had a problem with the code I use to create it that left material where I don't really need it) and I can't.

I've unpublished the template to see if I can change the settings but the one I need (the maximum cost) is still greyed out. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for any help...

Chris
Re: Changes to max cost of a co-creator [message #23033 is a reply to message #23027 ] Tue, 25 January 2011 21:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Did you change the volume?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Changes to max cost of a co-creator [message #23072 is a reply to message #23033 ] Wed, 26 January 2011 20:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yes - I've changed the generator code so that any model made with it can now have a slightly lower volume.

I tried updating the model with a new one from the new code and the current volume changes but it doesn't seem to want to allow me to change the maximum value at any point.

Re: Changes to max cost of a co-creator [message #23073 is a reply to message #23027 ] Wed, 26 January 2011 20:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I'm a little confused, what do you mean by the maximum cost? Can you put up a screen shot of the area you're referring to?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
Re: Changes to max cost of a co-creator [message #23113 is a reply to message #23073 ] Thu, 27 January 2011 20:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
This is the 'Manage Template Details' section of the design's page that I got to from 'My Designs'

I've attached a screenshot of what this section looked like when I un-published the co-creator just now - the maximum volume is at the bottom and is now incorrect, the current volume is OK (it's the volume of the model that's shown in the picture illustrating the co-creator).
index.php?t=getfile&id=6825&private=0
I entered the max volume when I first converted the model into a co-creator but I now can't change this number.

Re: Changes to max cost of a co-creator [message #23114 is a reply to message #23027 ] Thu, 27 January 2011 20:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Ah, so I figured. I'll inform the powers that be.

Re: Changes to max cost of a co-creator [message #23154 is a reply to message #23027 ] Fri, 28 January 2011 16:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
I'm guessing this is a one-off glitch and not a platform problem, so we'll QA and see what we can find. At the moment I can reassure you that this issue is on our radar!
Re: Changes to max cost of a co-creator [message #23200 is a reply to message #23154 ] Sun, 30 January 2011 11:19 UTC Go to previous message
avatar barrys  is currently offline barrys
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi pittance,

On the screenshot you provide, the max volume doesn't appear to be greyed out, nor that you couldn't change it. I tried a random cocreator of myself and it does seem to work ok. Can you tell me the model id or title that seems to be a problem with.

Barry

Previous Topic:Bugging 3d viewer java applet
Next Topic:option to set markup for all materials

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.