Home »  » Work in progress » Destroyer - Full color figurine
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Re: Destroyer - Full color figurine [message #23147 is a reply to message #23106 ] Fri, 28 January 2011 14:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Bottom right of page http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/about/legal-faq.html - if you're a company ask for permission, a lesson in GoogleFu may serve you well.
Re: Destroyer - Full color figurine [message #23149 is a reply to message #23147 ] Fri, 28 January 2011 15:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jettuh  is currently offline Jettuh
Go to my shop
stop4stuff wrote on Fri, 28 January 2011 14:58

Bottom right of page http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/about/legal-faq.html - if you're a company ask for permission, a lesson in GoogleFu may serve you well.

This:
Quote:

Can I make and sell my own products (T-shirts, card games, models/figures, etc.) based on a Blizzard universe?
No. Blizzard Entertainment® does not enter into licensing agreements with individuals. To ensure the quality of all Blizzard products, all of our merchandise is created under a licensing agreement and all prospective licensees are thoroughly reviewed by Blizzard Entertainment before a license is granted. If you are a company that is interested in creating licensed merchandise and your company is looking to pursue a corporate licensing relationship with Blizzard Entertainment, please contact merchandiselicensing@blizzard.com.

stop4stuff,, i think you will have to pay them a part of your markup when you sell something?

[Updated on: Fri, 28 January 2011 15:07 UTC]

Re: Destroyer - Full color figurine [message #23151 is a reply to message #23149 ] Fri, 28 January 2011 15:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Jettuh wrote on Fri, 28 January 2011 15:05

stop4stuff wrote on Fri, 28 January 2011 14:58

This:
Quote:

Can I make and sell my own products (T-shirts, card games, models/figures, etc.) based on a Blizzard universe?
No. Blizzard Entertainment® does not enter into licensing agreements with individuals. To ensure the quality of all Blizzard products, all of our merchandise is created under a licensing agreement and all prospective licensees are thoroughly reviewed by Blizzard Entertainment before a license is granted. If you are a company that is interested in creating licensed merchandise and your company is looking to pursue a corporate licensing relationship with Blizzard Entertainment, please contact merchandiselicensing@blizzard.com.

stop4stuff,, i think you will have to pay them a part of your markup when you sell something?

Me? what have I done now?

It is more like, "if you are going to make merchandise based upon anything we do, ask first!" (there's no implication of what happens if the question is not asked)
Re: Destroyer - Full color figurine [message #23152 is a reply to message #23151 ] Fri, 28 January 2011 15:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
haha, no it was no offend against you,, was just a question like:

do you think you will have to pay them a % of your earnings if you email them with the question if you can sell it Wink
Re: Destroyer - Full color figurine [message #23153 is a reply to message #23152 ] Fri, 28 January 2011 15:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Jettuh wrote on Fri, 28 January 2011 15:54

haha, no it was no offend against you,, was just a question like:

do you think you will have to pay them a % of your earnings if you email them with the question if you can sell it Wink

I don't know what licensing agreement would end up being made, you never know, they might endorse the product and share the revenue Smile
Re: Destroyer - Full color figurine [message #23155 is a reply to message #22724 ] Fri, 28 January 2011 20:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
Hey Shapers

Here is the Destroyer - Proof of concept 2

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j322/dizingof/Destroyer2022.jpg

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j322/dizingof/Destroyer1.jpg

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j322/dizingof/Destroyer5.jpg

I enhanced my process for even better results. really amazing stuff.
This definitely cuts extreme hours of modeling an organic character/figurine and in full color.

I will probably write a tutorial about it sometime.

Cheers

http://www.3Dizingof.com
Re: Destroyer - Full color figurine [message #23160 is a reply to message #23155 ] Sat, 29 January 2011 03:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar akeno  is currently offline akeno
Go to all my models
This whole argument is stupid.

Bottom line is taking items from WoW Model viewer, connecting the vertexes, applying the texture, and then smoothing your model out is not your own even if you made modifications. You did not create it. You enhanced it and stole another persons work from a company and then printed it. These models are obtainable from anyone, and while the boundaries of legal shit is here it is no way your work whatesoever and belongs to Blizzard Entertainment.

Just to add burn to the notice on top of this all you might have as well named it Deathwing the Destroyer or Neltharion if you're going to get your facts right considering that is his true human form which on top of, is not released to the public yet.

Edit: For the record your polygon layouts for the non smoothed version are the same exact ones found in the WoW Model viewer before the data is put back together again. That's not a coincidence with sketchup.

Akeno

[Updated on: Sat, 29 January 2011 03:32 UTC]

Re: Destroyer - Full color figurine [message #23163 is a reply to message #23160 ] Sat, 29 January 2011 08:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar fx2  is currently offline fx2
Go to my shop
I think Shapeways should tell clearly what is wanted on their website and what is not in relation to the file origin... A link to a tutorial right next to the "this is my own work" checkbox about "copyright and attribution for beginners: What can I consider as my own work ?" could be useful, too.

[Updated on: Sat, 29 January 2011 08:43 UTC]

Re: Destroyer - Full color figurine [message #23165 is a reply to message #23163 ] Sat, 29 January 2011 10:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Fx2,

beside that shapeways needs to be clear about this stuff...
you would think a person could think himself that it's not right to earn money for stuff they didn't created themselfs?

Or is it just me that,,, thinking it's just wrong?

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=dfe9519c4 8aaeb9bd3df5496a9b55f52&ct=gd
Re: Destroyer - Full color figurine [message #23167 is a reply to message #23163 ] Sat, 29 January 2011 10:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
@fx2 Well actually they do imho:

"Notice and takedown policy"
Quote:

copyrights
As specified in our Terms & Conditions, we expect that the creator of a 3D design hold the copyrights to the content. Hence, please only upload your own original work or work that is freely available through a Creative Commons license.

On the Shapeways portal you can let other people see your work by making a model "available to all" and you can "show" the model or "show and allow ordering." None of these settings will mean that any rights you have to this model will be transferred to the people viewing or ordering your model.

Please do not infringe other people's intellectual property rights. (Intellectual property rights means copyright, patent, registered design, design right, trade mark, trade secret. )

We do live in a culture of re-mix, re-use and mashup but a good rule of thumb here is that if a person does not clearly give you the right to use their design, invention, logo, text, slogan etc. then you do not have the right to use it. This really sounds simple but lots of mistakes happen when people ignore this simple rule.

If you do obtain work through, for example, a Creative Commons attribution license please always give the originator of the material credit for their work. Be nice!

Clearly the google warehouse contains a lot of copyrighted material, but this does not automatically make it public domain or CC.

[Updated on: Sat, 29 January 2011 10:55 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Destroyer - Full color figurine [message #23169 is a reply to message #23167 ] Sat, 29 January 2011 12:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar fx2  is currently offline fx2
Go to my shop
@Jettuh, no it's not just you ! But it seems some people (genuinely or not, I don't know) think they create a completely new model if they remove one or two horns on the "DinosaurMan" model they downloaded...

@Virtox: You are right, but my proposal was to show this information in a bit more prominent way (next to the "this is my own work" button). This is why I spoke of a "beginner guide" about copyright. Some people might not be aware of the basics rules. The general sharing that happens now with cracked software, copyrighted videos and copyrighted 3D models uploaded on free repositories doesn't help...

[Updated on: Sat, 29 January 2011 12:10 UTC]

Re: Destroyer - Full color figurine [message #23185 is a reply to message #22724 ] Sat, 29 January 2011 22:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I'm thinking to add some more of these ... just to spite the duo Jettah & Virtox Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 30 January 2011 19:55 UTC]

Re: Destroyer - Full color figurine [message #23188 is a reply to message #23185 ] Sat, 29 January 2011 23:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
obsolete post

[Updated on: Sun, 30 January 2011 20:05 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Destroyer - Full color figurine [message #23189 is a reply to message #23188 ] Sun, 30 January 2011 00:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Guys,

We are watching this post very closely and are pushing forward some more details in the upload process to deal with this situation of proper attribution.

In the meantime, while we appreciate the passion in the discussion please refrain from personal slurs.

thanks

[Updated on: Sun, 30 January 2011 12:28 UTC]

Duann Scott

Re: Destroyer - Full color figurine [message #23190 is a reply to message #23189 ] Sun, 30 January 2011 02:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanx Duann!

[Updated on: Sun, 30 January 2011 11:11 UTC]

Re: Destroyer - Full color figurine [message #23205 is a reply to message #22724 ] Sun, 30 January 2011 19:54 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Ok.....

Shapers.. this really should not have come to this... aggravation , name calling, slurs and all in all a bad atmosphere in a community of educated skilled designers.

I want to offer my apologies to aeron203 , Kaetemi, Jettuh, Virtox and anyone that might have been offended by any of my posts and threads.

While for some of you maintaining a shop here is a living for me it always was a hobby which i have allocated to it some crazy hours and resources - designing, researching and creating new stuff was for me like a kid with a new toy.. absolutely.

I regret some of you were not looking at that side of things on my forum posts.

Regrettably this hobby has exceeded it time here - i have now physically deleted my entire shop (close to 300 designs) and will only print private stuff for my self from time to time on Shapeways.

I wish you all the very best - grow your knowledge and excel with what you do.

Dizingof has left the building

(If anyone wants my STL files i started putting them on http://www.ponoko.com/showroom/Dizingof
with creative commons NonCommercial license... the irony.. Very Happy )

Cheers all
Asher

Pages (2): [ «    1  2] 

Previous Topic:Advertise, who me?
Next Topic:Friend Cube DIY kit

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.