Home » Community » General Discussion » Cufflink Help
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Cufflink Help [message #22864] Thu, 20 January 2011 17:45 UTC Go to next message
avatar MatarazzoDesigns  is currently offline MatarazzoDesigns
Go to my shop
Hi, I'm trying to get some cufflinks going, and I was wondering if anyone has any helpful measurements, or models for me to work off of.

I've never owned a pair of them, and will most likely have to go out and by a pair to measure. But if anyone has already done that, I would greatly appreciate their help.

Thanks,
Dan
Re: Cufflink Help [message #22865 is a reply to message #22864 ] Thu, 20 January 2011 18:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Wherever you are in the world Dan, hit the charity/goodwill shops, they always seem to have an abudance of cufflinks (as well as all manner of other assorted inspirational nic-naks.)
Re: Cufflink Help [message #22866 is a reply to message #22864 ] Thu, 20 January 2011 21:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GlenG  is currently offline GlenG
Go to all my models
Look at a shirt with french cuffs, the kind without sleeve buttons. You need to make the top of "T" shaped shank wide enough so it will not fall out of the slit where the cuff links go. You also need to guesstimate the thickness of the cloth forming the cuff so the shank is not to long, or short.
Something tells me about 1/2" width and length would be about right for the shank.

"Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art."
Leonardo da Vinci
Re: Cufflink Help [message #22867 is a reply to message #22864 ] Thu, 20 January 2011 21:25 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Doesn't shapeways have a cuff link co-creator? are there any dimensions listed on that?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Rp burn-out
Next Topic:Model full color x3d shown half

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.