Home » Community » It arrived! » It arrived, but I'm not sure it's right
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
It arrived, but I'm not sure it's right [message #2209] Thu, 11 December 2008 18:59 UTC Go to next message
avatar ray.kelm  is currently offline ray.kelm
Go to all my models
There seems to be a lot of excess material on the part.

The model is

http://www.shapeways.com/model/10224/connectorpocket.html

• Attachment: excess.jpg
    (Size: 37.39KB, Downloaded 305 time(s))

[Updated on: Thu, 11 December 2008 19:00 UTC]

Re: It arrived, but I'm not sure it's right [message #2210 is a reply to message #2209 ] Thu, 11 December 2008 20:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pp  is currently offline pp
Go to all my models
Hi Ray,

Do you mean the "Blop" of material on the right side?

Could you please sent a mail and if possible a "better image" to service(at)shapeways(dot).com

I'll make sure it get's looked into.

Cheers Peter Paul

Re: It arrived, but I'm not sure it's right [message #2212 is a reply to message #2210 ] Thu, 11 December 2008 22:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Yes, the blop of material. I tried scraping it a bit, thinking it might just be some residue, but it's not.

I can take a better picture tomorrow. I couldn't find the "good" digital today camera so I had to use the old worn out one Smile
Re: It arrived, but I'm not sure it's right [message #2239 is a reply to message #2209 ] Mon, 15 December 2008 10:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar frankg  is currently offline frankg
Go to all my models
Hello Ray,

Obviously something went wrong during cleaning. I will arrange a re-production and ship it to you a.s.a.p. When we send the model you will receive a new confirmation via UPS with the tracking number of the shipment.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,
Frank.

Re: It arrived, but I'm not sure it's right [message #2253 is a reply to message #2239 ] Tue, 16 December 2008 23:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thanks for the quick resolution!
Re: It arrived, but I'm not sure it's right [message #2291 is a reply to message #2209 ] Sat, 20 December 2008 03:11 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
I got the replacement part today, and it is awesome. Far better than the original.

There was some powder in the 4 small holes, but that's to be expected, since they are quite small. I used a paper clip to clean them out. I'll probably run the correct sized drill bit through them later.

I guess I need to get a nice little light box for taking small photos. The photo turned out ok, but could be better.

Thanks!

index.php?t=getfile&id=184&private=0

• Attachment: better.jpg
    (Size: 50.93KB, Downloaded 570 time(s))

Previous Topic:Heart Statue
Next Topic:My order of SW&F turned out great!