Home » Support » 3D Printing » different view same model?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
different view same model? [message #22340] Sat, 08 January 2011 23:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar bvr  is currently offline bvr
Go to my shop
I have made revisions to a model and re-ordered it. The view has changed to a different direction. Will this change the direction my part is printed in?
thanks for your time
bvr

Buffalo, 360° @ a time
Re: different view same model? [message #22373 is a reply to message #22340 ] Sun, 09 January 2011 19:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I think I have found my answer, but the post is from a long time ago.
Are part still manually oriented by the Shapeways operators?
bvr

Buffalo, 360° @ a time
Re: different view same model? [message #22376 is a reply to message #22373 ] Sun, 09 January 2011 22:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Yep, the orientation of the rendering is not related to the orientation of the printing: the operator choose the one that he considers the best for this model or for optimizing the space occupation of the tray. So the printing orientation is not predictable and can change from print to print.

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: different view same model? [message #22378 is a reply to message #22376 ] Sun, 09 January 2011 22:50 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thank you for taking the time to confirm what i read.
bvr

Buffalo, 360° @ a time

Previous Topic:Problem Update: Dimensions, but no volume
Next Topic:How strong is WSF?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.