Home » Community » Work in progress » A Second Pair of Eyes
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
A Second Pair of Eyes [message #2165] Fri, 05 December 2008 00:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar pzich  is currently offline pzich
Go to my shop
Hello, I've made a model that has tiny parts I'd like to move. I believe I've left at least .5mm for all gaps and the minimum thickness of any object is 2mm. Does someone mind just double checking to make sure everything won't fuse together when it comes time to print it? I'm not ready to spend this much and find out it doesn't work. Let me know what format works best for you (currently a Maya binary file). Thank you for your help.
Re: A Second Pair of Eyes [message #2166 is a reply to message #2165 ] Fri, 05 December 2008 02:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Oops, key part missing. Here's what it on shapeway's site: http://www.shapeways.com/model/10328/vault_container.html
Re: A Second Pair of Eyes [message #2187 is a reply to message #2165 ] Mon, 08 December 2008 09:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar RalphVdB  is currently offline RalphVdB
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi pzich Cool

check out this link: http://www.click-to-fit.de/easyfit.php?&lang=en

Easy fit is free software. With this software you can easily check your thickness. Just use the measure distances tool!

Cheers,

Ralph

[Updated on: Mon, 08 December 2008 09:49 UTC]

Shapeways International Customer Service Manager
Re: A Second Pair of Eyes [message #2201 is a reply to message #2187 ] Tue, 09 December 2008 15:43 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Hmm, I wish there was a mac version of this, placing in measuments with Maya is a pain...

Previous Topic:Hinges and Axels
Next Topic:Ancient Time Piece