Home » Community » It arrived! » Pixel & block pattern in orange & blue
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Pixel & block pattern in orange & blue [message #21506] Fri, 10 December 2010 16:24 UTC Go to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
more ipad wraps.

This is the latest iteration where I've reduced the frame thickness and reduced the corner bulkiness to drop the price down to $30. I'm really happy with the winter blue color and the orange was a custom color I dyed it myself, I'm really happy with how it came out.

Did a photo shoot w/ them and came out w/ some nice shots. I've updated the product pages with them now.

index.php?t=getfile&id=6256&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=6257&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=6258&private=0pixel custom:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/165802/canvas_wrap__pixel_cus tom.html

index.php?t=getfile&id=6259&private=0
block:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/142657/canvas_wrap___block.ht ml

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: Pixel & block pattern in orange & blue [message #21512 is a reply to message #21506 ] Fri, 10 December 2010 17:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Great stuff Jeff!
Looks like you're having way too much fun!

Re: Pixel & block pattern in orange & blue [message #21514 is a reply to message #21506 ] Fri, 10 December 2010 17:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Are you preparing your second generation covers yet?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Pixel & block pattern in orange & blue [message #21538 is a reply to message #21506 ] Sat, 11 December 2010 12:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Gijs  is currently offline Gijs
Go to my shop
Looks good Jeff! Good photographs.
Both designs look very stylish.

The advantage of the relatively expensive production technique is that it stimulates us to make products as light as possible. Well done!

Did you follow the same process for making the custom color as Shapeways describes?

www.studiogijs.nl
Re: Pixel & block pattern in orange & blue [message #21551 is a reply to message #21506 ] Sun, 12 December 2010 02:23 UTC Go to previous message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
thanks all.

youknowwho- I'm waiting on Apple to send me a 2nd gen prototype Wink

Gijs- It'd definitely good to challenge yourself and take make your designs as material efficient as possible w/o sacrificing functionality. And yes, I followed some forum posts on using Rit dye to color the wsf.

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign

Previous Topic:Model of a Dutch 60's train
Next Topic:Anisotropic Cube by OSKAR

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.