Home » Support » 3D Printing » Fine detail/high resolution
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Fine detail/high resolution [message #21465] Thu, 09 December 2010 10:28 UTC Go to next message
avatar minimaker  is currently offline minimaker
Go to all my models
Hi,

the last print in clear detail showed that the process in not refined enough for what I need to have printed (see picture). The surface quality is not sufficient as this will become visible in a cast.

Is there any news on whether you will be offering a fine detail/high resolution print? And if not, do you have suggestions for alternatives since this part needs to be printed urgently.

Ming-Hua

• Attachment: Sentinel.jpg
    (Size: 1.45MB, Downloaded 207 time(s))

Re: Fine detail/high resolution [message #21750 is a reply to message #21465 ] Sun, 19 December 2010 17:17 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
No news from the high detail test done time ago? The surface problems should be tackled if SW wants the mini market, see another example by a German sculptor (not so mini, the demon bust must be 5 cm or so, he has to fix the skin by hand).

Previous Topic:Engraving limits?
Next Topic:About the no weapons rule...

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.