Home » Support » 3D Design » Light poem/napkin ring
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Light poem/napkin ring [message #20555] Tue, 16 November 2010 07:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar vevans  is currently offline vevans
Go to all my models
I can not get my shapeways creator to work for either the shapeways lightpoem and/or napkin ring. I checked and followed the steps on the tutorials and wasn't able to fix the error. I tried to uninstall the program/file and wasn't able to. I also have tried redownloading the file/program. Please let me know how to fix this problem so I can get one or ther other ordered. thank you for your assistance.
Re: Light poem/napkin ring [message #20558 is a reply to message #20555 ] Tue, 16 November 2010 09:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
That's odd. Can you please tell me which operating system you use?

Thanks,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Light poem/napkin ring [message #20583 is a reply to message #20558 ] Tue, 16 November 2010 17:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Windows 7. It's a brand new computer.
Re: Light poem/napkin ring [message #20877 is a reply to message #20583 ] Wed, 24 November 2010 08:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lindaf  is currently offline lindaf
Go to all my models
The same thing is happening to me, I've downloaded shapeways.jnlp to create lightpoem (on a MAC 10.6.4); the 3D image doesn't work and when I get to save/order it says:
Notice/Warning.....problem with your model....resolve errors indicated

But there aren't any errors indicated.

I've also tried shapeways.jnlp on my home windows computer and same thing is happening.

I'd really love to get this for a Christmas present, so any help would be great!

Thanks,
Linda
Re: Light poem/napkin ring [message #21044 is a reply to message #20877 ] Sun, 28 November 2010 22:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pnilan  is currently offline pnilan
Go to all my models
Exactly the same problem here running Snow Leopard - can somone help ?
Re: Light poem/napkin ring [message #21062 is a reply to message #20877 ] Mon, 29 November 2010 18:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Linda, can you give me the exact text that you tried to use, and tell me which font you selected? Some texts are structurally not possible, maybe this is the problem. Still,any error indication should be clear.

Thanks!

Bart

Re: Light poem/napkin ring [message #21071 is a reply to message #21062 ] Mon, 29 November 2010 22:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lindaf  is currently offline lindaf
Go to all my models
Hi Bart,

The text I'm using is:

STEP INTO THE DOORWAY OF MY MIND

And I've tried all of the fonts and all of the material combinations - In the tutorial video it shows the 3D image picking up the text as it is entered and reproducing it on the 3D model, this doesn't happen at all.

Thanks for your help,

Linda
Re: Light poem/napkin ring [message #21073 is a reply to message #21071 ] Mon, 29 November 2010 23:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I had the text: lassiez le Bon temps roler. I even tried other text just in case. I also noticed that I didn't have a demo of the shape/final product on the left side. Everything that Linda did; I did. It's a real bummer that it didn't work. I was really excited about getting this product.
Re: Light poem/napkin ring [message #21074 is a reply to message #20555 ] Tue, 30 November 2010 00:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GHP  is currently offline GHP
Go to my shop
Hi! For anyone still having difficulty ordering the napkin ring, I would recommend my Mobius Text Napkin Ring ( http://www.shapeways.com/model/182784/mobius_text_napkin_rin g.html?gid=ug28511). Available with either 3 twists (shown below) or 1 twist (click link to see an example).

I can't promise that this is printable in stainless steel, but it should come out nicely in White, Strong and Flexible or any of the dyed versions.

index.php?t=getfile&id=6085&private=0

Happy Holidays!

(Coming soon - my mobius text finger ring.)

[Updated on: Tue, 30 November 2010 00:50 UTC]

Re: Light poem/napkin ring [message #21364 is a reply to message #21074 ] Tue, 07 December 2010 10:50 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
@lindaf, vevans: we've fixed the Lightpoem and Ringpoem creators - they should work okay now. There' IS another issue with your texts though: it looks like they'd result in a 'broken' ringpoem. Sometimes the words don't line up to make a structurally strong model. In that case you'll get a clear warning in yellow. Check out the screenshot below.

@GHP: I think this is a bit of a hijack capture of this forum post. Please don't do that Wink

Screenshot:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6199&private=0

Previous Topic:Seeking advice on making old models ready for print
Next Topic:Tutorial on how to design a rounded D6

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.