Home » Support » 3D Applications » Model Size WAAAY off from Sketchup
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Model Size WAAAY off from Sketchup [message #21352] Tue, 07 December 2010 04:20 UTC Go to next message
avatar d.rizzolo  is currently offline d.rizzolo
Go to all my models
I'm trying to print from Sketchup v8. My model is small - about 2" wide by 3 3/4" long by 2 3/16" tall. I ran it through Meshlab and Acutrans as outlined in the Sketchup tutorial without and problems.

I'm getting an email back from Shapeways that my model is too large: 737.53" x 420" x 422"

I'm not sure what I've done wrong... help.
Re: Model Size WAAAY off from Sketchup [message #21353 is a reply to message #21352 ] Tue, 07 December 2010 04:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar d.rizzolo  is currently offline d.rizzolo
Go to all my models
The model size appears to me to be correct from within AccuTrans too.

index.php?t=getfile&id=6193&private=0

Re: Model Size WAAAY off from Sketchup [message #21360 is a reply to message #21353 ] Tue, 07 December 2010 08:30 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
In Accutrans, save as an .stl - StereoLithography (Binary) - Click on 'Use Units' to bring up the Scale Factor sub window and make sure your Import and Export units are right.

When you upload the .stl file to Shapeways, are you ticking the correct units box?

[Updated on: Tue, 07 December 2010 08:30 UTC]

Previous Topic:adding color in Rhinoceros
Next Topic:exporting from maya 2010 using collada - no edge smoothing?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.