Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Applications » .obj file extension help
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
.obj file extension help [message #2084] Mon, 24 November 2008 21:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar LordBurig  is currently offline LordBurig
Go to all my models
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I had a quick check and couldn't see anything, but I may have missed or skipped something, so, if it has, don't be too angry...please?

Anyway...
<background info>
As I haven't done much desining in the past, (I did for a little bit for fun, but stopped for awhile). I re-picked up sketchup and played around with it. Installing the Sims 2 and messing around with that, I wanted to make some stuff for it. Looking up a few tutorials, I downloaded a few programs (SimPe and wings3D). SimPe has been good so far.
</background info>

I have been having a little trouble with Wings3D, so I decided to hope that I could import a .obj file with Sketchup pro. I saw somewhere (I think) that it's possible to export, but I wasn't sure about importing...

Is this possible?

Thanks.
/Alex.

Re: .obj file extension help [message #2110 is a reply to message #2084 ] Fri, 28 November 2008 22:56 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pete  is currently offline pete
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Hi Alex,

according to this page you can *export* OBJ files, but not import them unfortunately.

regards,
Peter

Previous Topic:3D Print Design Programs
Next Topic:Why aren't my models working?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.