Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Co design
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Co design [message #20097] Thu, 04 November 2010 17:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
Would be nice if I could partner with another shop owner on a project. And though it is on my shop the product I can set that I get $x profit and he gets $y profit.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: Co design [message #20201 is a reply to message #20097 ] Sun, 07 November 2010 18:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
As I asked it more than one year ago, I totally agree.
Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 07 November 2010 18:21 UTC]

Re: Co design [message #20205 is a reply to message #20097 ] Sun, 07 November 2010 20:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Sounds interesting.

http://www.3Dizingof.com
icon14.gif  Re: Co design [message #20898 is a reply to message #20097 ] Thu, 25 November 2010 01:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar CGD  is currently offline CGD
Go to my shop
I need that feature too.
Re: Co design [message #20899 is a reply to message #20898 ] Thu, 25 November 2010 02:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Sounds Interesting,

How many people would use this? And would you sell the item in one shop or both? or not at all?

Duann Scott

Re: Co design [message #20900 is a reply to message #20899 ] Thu, 25 November 2010 03:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar CGD  is currently offline CGD
Go to my shop
drscott wrote on Thu, 25 November 2010 02:33

Sounds Interesting,

How many people would use this? And would you sell the item in one shop or both? or not at all?

I would like to use this feature because I have joint ventures with other members. For now it's mainly the other member pays me a flat fee to make a model for him to sell from his shop. With this feature, I can charge a royalty for each unit he sells, and the fee would goes from his markup to my account.

So it's selling from one shop and the markup splits in a user settable percentage to 2 or more accounts. That's what I'm looking for.

CGD
Re: Co design [message #20915 is a reply to message #20900 ] Thu, 25 November 2010 14:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Sylook  is currently offline Sylook
Go to my shop
I like this idea too. I think many designers will find it useful.
Re: Co design [message #20936 is a reply to message #20915 ] Thu, 25 November 2010 22:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
I have no solution, but I have two remarks:
- first, it should also work for co-creators: if I design, say, a die but I do not want to customize it because I have no time to do so (or because I do not like to interact with customers Wink), I would like to be able to delegate that task to another designer
- second, the business model of Shapeways must be maintained: I give a license of my design to Shapeways (not to another designer) and in exchange Shapeways (not another designer) gives me a royalty. The final customers must be client of Shapeways only.

Oh, actually I have perhaps a solution Smile
One possibility could be to extend the (not yet implemented but long awaited) notion of collection: a design made of different parts (for example because they have too many faces to be only one, or because they are made of different materials).
If the implementation of the collection is "transparent" to the customer - that is if it is so easy to buy a collection compared to buying a single object that you cannot tell the difference, then we could imagine "virtual" collections where the "parts" are actually the different work of each designer (2 or more!). Each part has its own markup going to the appropriate designer.
Does that make sense?

Magic
PS: this leads to another question: when collections will be implemented, would it be possible that each part of the collection would be made by a different designer? For instance, would a customer be allowed to order a marble holder that I designed along with a marble made by someone else?

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2010 07:46 UTC]

Previous Topic:same model - two different prices
Next Topic:Traffic to sales ratio

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.