Home » Community » It arrived! » necklace design contest winner!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
necklace design contest winner! [message #20713] Thu, 18 November 2010 22:22 UTC Go to next message
avatar Gijs  is currently offline Gijs
Go to my shop
I'd like to share with you, the winning design of a small design competion I have held in the class of my (8 year old) son.

I've had the opportunity to show them the magics of 3D printing and promised them to make the winning design in real.

The winning design was a very cute necklace, that just makes you happy instantly.

index.php?t=getfile&id=5968&private=0

The hard part was to turn her sketch into a printable object, while keeping the feel of the hand made sketch and the delicacy of the thin lines. Therefore, all the items were drawn instead of modeling a few and copying them.

Shown here printed in gorgeous winter red...

index.php?t=getfile&id=5966&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=5967&private=0

tomorrow it will be handed over to the proud winner Smile

www.studiogijs.nl
Re: necklace design contest winner! [message #20726 is a reply to message #20713 ] Fri, 19 November 2010 10:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Looks fantastic, well done. What is the minimum wall thickness, was it printed as one part? Did you have any problems with Shapeways cleaning the part after printing?
Regards
VV

www.dotsan.com
Re: necklace design contest winner! [message #20727 is a reply to message #20726 ] Fri, 19 November 2010 10:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks,

No residues, at least not that I've noticed, so Shapewasy has done a very good job in cleaning. Maybe that has to do with the process of painting, that it washes away loose powder, or that they take more cleaning care for painted models. My experience with the plain white models is that they feel much more powdered. The painting kind of works like a fixation layer also.

The model was made by drawing the curves and drawing pipes around those of 1mm. The lower area's in the shapes, like the faces and the filled in hearts are 0.7mm

the piece was printed in one piece.

www.studiogijs.nl
Re: necklace design contest winner! [message #20728 is a reply to message #20727 ] Fri, 19 November 2010 10:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 19 November 2010 11:36 UTC]

www.dotsan.com
Re: necklace design contest winner! [message #20729 is a reply to message #20728 ] Fri, 19 November 2010 11:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dimmulain  is currently offline Dimmulain
Go to my shop
wow Gijs! what you have done is really nice. I can't imagine how happy the young winner is!
the design is sweet, indeed. damn kids have good ideas!
Re: necklace design contest winner! [message #20732 is a reply to message #20713 ] Fri, 19 November 2010 12:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Perfect!!!!!

Thank you for sharing.

Duann Scott

Re: necklace design contest winner! [message #20735 is a reply to message #20732 ] Fri, 19 November 2010 13:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Noodles  is currently offline Noodles
Go to my shop
Wonderful, what a great idea!
Re: necklace design contest winner! [message #20795 is a reply to message #20735 ] Sun, 21 November 2010 22:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks for the nice words!

I can say that the girl who designed this was very happy with it! It is definately worth a follow-up.

www.studiogijs.nl
Re: necklace design contest winner! [message #20835 is a reply to message #20713 ] Tue, 23 November 2010 05:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar LincolnK  is currently offline LincolnK
Go to my shop
Very cute! What a sweet idea too.

I'll bet those kids think you are super awesome!

Lincoln
www.Craftosterone.com

For special discounts and news add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Craftosterone
www.Craftosterone.com
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/novakingway
Re: necklace design contest winner! [message #20836 is a reply to message #20713 ] Tue, 23 November 2010 07:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Cre83D  is currently offline Cre83D
Go to my shop
Very well done!

Its great to share 3D with kids.

Re: necklace design contest winner! [message #20838 is a reply to message #20836 ] Tue, 23 November 2010 11:00 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks again!

it's indeed great to share this with kids
I can highly recommend everybody to organize an event like this, as everyone I tell about it is very enthousiastic about it.

www.studiogijs.nl

Previous Topic:Architecture Thesis Model
Next Topic:Personalized PC fan grills

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.