Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » General Discussion » Design fairs, trade shows: where do YOU think we should go?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Design fairs, trade shows: where do YOU think we should go? [message #20302] Wed, 10 November 2010 08:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
We're already planning well into 2011 for our presence at design fairs and trade shows now. What do you think are the coolest events that we should attend? Would you be interested in joining forces with us?

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Design fairs, trade shows: where do YOU think we should go? [message #20311 is a reply to message #20302 ] Wed, 10 November 2010 12:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FredrikB  is currently offline FredrikB
Go to all my models
You might consider going to Intermodellbau in Dortmund, running from April 13th to April 17th, 2011.

More info here.

Cheers,

Fredrik
Re: Design fairs, trade shows: where do YOU think we should go? [message #20312 is a reply to message #20311 ] Wed, 10 November 2010 12:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jettuh  is currently offline Jettuh
Go to my shop
good idea Frederik Very Happy

would love to help if needed there!

@bart,, read your email Razz
Re: Design fairs, trade shows: where do YOU think we should go? [message #20314 is a reply to message #20302 ] Wed, 10 November 2010 13:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I'm having a design fair in my living room when ever you guys want to stop in Razz

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Design fairs, trade shows: where do YOU think we should go? [message #20339 is a reply to message #20314 ] Wed, 10 November 2010 22:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar photosfromrob  is currently offline photosfromrob
Go to my shop
I suggest a traveling Shapeways design fair. Take the show on the road; galleries, schools, malls and maker clubs are all possible sites for a show. Put together a display...including LOTS of items for sale at the show and advertise heavily, you'll draw a whole new crowd: customers. There are people, many people who've never heard of 3D printing and many will love the idea. You'll get some new designers but many new customers who'll remember you when a birthday or holiday comes along.
Re: Design fairs, trade shows: where do YOU think we should go? [message #20536 is a reply to message #20339 ] Mon, 15 November 2010 19:11 UTC Go to previous message
avatar alienology  is currently offline alienology
Go to my shop
Well... Milano Design Fair is a must for any design related venture. (usually in March or early April each year)
It's expensive proposition - but EVERYONE in design world is there.

You should look into area called "Zona Tortona" because that's where one can get OK space for less money.
Maybe try to hook up with 100% or Designersblock people (UK) because they always have group exhibits.
Designboom is always present too.

But... come to think about it... Netherlands' design scene is VERY well represented each year - why not get into NL hall somehow?
Also, Eindhoven Design Academy has AMAZING display, usually at Zona Tortona, every year. Why not talk to your neighboors there and see if that's doable?

I'll probably be there in April again. BTW, prices of hotels are ASTRONOMICAL at that point Sad

Igor

Previous Topic:Batch Uploading
Next Topic:Choosing material as primary display

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.