Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Shop sorting/ default sorting
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shop sorting/ default sorting [message #18994] Wed, 13 October 2010 09:59 UTC Go to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey guys,

Only just noticed that the "default ordering" of my shop has been completely messed up.. (again...)

Not looking forward to having to organize it all over again.

Is it possible to retrieve the sorting the way it was pre-refactoring?

Also choosing "descending/ascending" does not work anymore. <-- this part seems to work now

Cheers,

Virtox

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2010 10:02 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Shop sorting/ default sorting [message #19974 is a reply to message #18994 ] Tue, 02 November 2010 17:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AotrsCommander  is currently offline AotrsCommander
Go to my shop
This appears to have a happened to me too. The order appears to be totally random, and it would take some significant time to do again. Do we knowwhat causes this issue and if it's been fixed, as I'd rather not spend another hour doing it again if it's going to randomise again.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 November 2010 17:25 UTC]

Re: Shop sorting/ default sorting [message #20157 is a reply to message #19974 ] Fri, 05 November 2010 21:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
This "messing-up-of-default-ordering" feature is indeed quite annoying. Shapeways is now monitoring my shop on a regular basis to see whether they can spot the bug. I am happy that they give this problem the attention that it deserves.

More things are strange in the shop ordering
-Why is upload date default "oldest-first" instead of the more logical "newest-first"?
-Why is product name default "Z-A" instead of the more logical "A-Z"?
-Why can the default order be selected into "least-preferred-model-first"?

I asked this to Shapeways privately, and I understand that there is some programmer logic behind this, which is not necessarily user logic.

Oskar
Re: Shop sorting/ default sorting [message #20295 is a reply to message #20157 ] Wed, 10 November 2010 01:27 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pete  is currently offline pete
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Hi guys, hang in there! The bug is found and we are fixing it. Turns out that some of your models had the same sorting value which causes unpredictable behavior.

Previous Topic:Missing images
Next Topic:How to change paypal account?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.