Home » Community » It arrived! » Diagonal Cube Puzzle
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Diagonal Cube Puzzle [message #20183] Sat, 06 November 2010 23:22 UTC
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
This is a famous puzzle designed by Stewart Coffin 40 years ago. Wood copies must be made with great accuracy and have become sought-after collectors items selling for several hundred dollars. This leads to the current state of affairs where many people have never even seen this excellent puzzle. I had never seen one, so I exported the pieces from BurrTools and printed out a copy. Now anyone can order an inexpensive copy of this puzzle. Meanwhile serious collectors I am sure will prefer the wood versions.

index.php?t=getfile&id=5804&private=0

Six pieces, all different, assemble into a cube with side 32mm or about 1.25 inches. The markup on this item is only 22 cents. I dyed my version in three colors for a multi-hue look where the same color doesn't touch in the final cube. You may notice, though, that this makes it (slightly) easier to solve the puzzle.

index.php?t=getfile&id=5801&private=0

Here is a link to the model page. I plan also to make a smaller version which will be about $15.

index.php?t=getfile&id=5803&private=0

[Updated on: Sun, 07 November 2010 00:20 UTC]

Previous Topic:Geared Mixup by OSKAR
Next Topic:Reuleaux Triangle Spheroforms

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.