Home » Support » 3D Applications » 3D Print Design Programs
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3D Print Design Programs [message #2007] Fri, 14 November 2008 01:51 UTC Go to next message
avatar Marshall  is currently offline Marshall
Go to all my models
I am not a 3D designer myself, but I would like to learn of the program types and/or file types which are compatible with most 3D printers. A simple rundown of the common programs and file formats used would be wonderful.

And, could someone with adept knowledge in a 3D modeling program such as Maya, easily adapt to the other program types used for 3D printing?

Thanks
Re: 3D Print Design Programs [message #2012 is a reply to message #2007 ] Fri, 14 November 2008 09:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi Marshall,

here's a list of supported applications:

http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/supported-applications

In my experience, using any 3D appication will provide you with a good understanding of the techniques. This is usually transferable to other 3D applications, which should make the transition a bit easier.

Of course, you can just stick to Maya and use that to create models for Shapeways!

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Export from trueSpace
Next Topic:.obj file extension help

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.