Home » Community » Introductions » Greetings from Finland
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Greetings from Finland [message #19937] Mon, 01 November 2010 17:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar Lupus  is currently offline Lupus
Go to my shop
Hi!

Just wanted to introduce myself here! I've finally had the courage to try out the Shapeways printing, which has tempted me for some time now. I work as a senior graphic designer in a Finnish game company, and I've got some five years of experience in designing and modelling all kinds of hi-res and low-res models. But 3d printing is a new thing to me too. So far it's been a lot of fun!

Finally, as I had my own reasons to model something that I couldn't achieve any other way with such a great results, I started modelling my first 3d printable model, the pilot for my RC Mustang. And it came out real nice! Now it's also available for others to enjoy.

The software I use are Softimage XSI and Zbrush.

Gonna see what I'll come up with next... Very Happy

I think I'm addicted. Kinda like opening the pandora's box?

[Updated on: Mon, 01 November 2010 17:03 UTC]

Re: Greetings from Finland [message #19960 is a reply to message #19937 ] Tue, 02 November 2010 11:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Welcome, and: I love that model... So, how was the switch from designing for games to designing for 3D printing?

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Greetings from Finland [message #21555 is a reply to message #19960 ] Sun, 12 December 2010 12:23 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Lupus  is currently offline Lupus
Go to my shop
More like expanding than switching. Wink

But it ain't so different. I've done so many different types of models, from very lo-res to hi-res models. Only thing I have to keep in mind in 3d printing is making models hollow, so they'll need an inner surface too. And of course you need to think about all the rules listed on Shapeways.

Previous Topic:Hello Blender users!!
Next Topic:Hi, from Canada

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.