Home » Community » Work in progress » Trinity Puzzle ring
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Trinity Puzzle ring [message #19665] Tue, 26 October 2010 16:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar MatarazzoDesigns  is currently offline MatarazzoDesigns
Go to my shop
Hello, I've just designed a 4 band trinity puzzle ring. What I want to know is if Shapeways can polish my puzzle ring in it's open state.

The ring will look like this when open:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_q7H5daARk5A/TALrURoV-jI/AAAAAAAALa0/kfBM70USl9Q/s1600/disassembled+puzzle+ring.JPG

Is it possible to put an open puzzle ring through the tumbler? The ring bands will be 2mm in diameter.

With my droplet earrings, they were afraid that the tumbling process would break the earring's thin rod (0.9mm). Because of this I would like to know if they would have the same reservations about polishing a connecting set of 2mm rings.

Thanks,
Dan Matarazzo
Matarazzo Designs
Re: Trinity Puzzle ring [message #19668 is a reply to message #19665 ] Tue, 26 October 2010 16:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
It would be best to ask support@shapeways.com directly for this. Are they connected in the model or is that a post process? If they are printed connected, it will make it very difficult to get an even polish.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:FruityBowl
Next Topic:Any Blenderheads out there?