Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Support » 3D Applications » Blender and Curve Objects
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Blender and Curve Objects [message #19397] Tue, 19 October 2010 16:00 UTC Go to next message
avatar Ray716  is currently offline Ray716
Go to my shop
So, I have been doing some experiments with Bezier and NURBS curves, and some meta objects.. In the stuff i have read, they are calculated by math, so they take up less space. My question is, do i have to convert them to a mesh before they can be printed out? Or can they be printed as they are?

Thanks for the help!

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Blender and Curve Objects [message #19406 is a reply to message #19397 ] Tue, 19 October 2010 17:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar clsn  is currently offline clsn
Go to my shop
I think all the shapeways input formats are mesh-based, so you probably would have to convert it to a mesh in order to print it.
Re: Blender and Curve Objects [message #19413 is a reply to message #19406 ] Tue, 19 October 2010 19:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yes, you'll have to convert them to a mesh. That's simple enough though: just press ALT+C.

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Blender and Curve Objects [message #19418 is a reply to message #19413 ] Tue, 19 October 2010 20:38 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Ray716  is currently offline Ray716
Go to my shop
Thanks.. that's what i thought.. but i wasn't sure.

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com

Previous Topic:Attack of the 50 ft. model
Next Topic:exporting from FORM-Z

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.