Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Need Searchable Tags
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need Searchable Tags [message #18627] Sat, 02 October 2010 01:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar Mingli_Chang  is currently offline Mingli_Chang
Go to all my models
I was looking for a gift for a really nerdy friend of mine and another friend suggested I check Shapeways for some crafted dice. I found some here but I wanted to see what else there is.

It would be nice to turn each tag on a product page into an autosearch link. The best example would be the way Flickr makes every keyword searchable.

____
EDIT
------

I now see that tags are searchable if I'm on the gallery search page but I want to be able to click on a tag when I'm looking at a product because I may find a search term that I didn't think about. Yes I can type the tag into the search bar above but it's inefficient compared to the search options offered on other sites.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 October 2010 01:53 UTC]

icon14.gif  Re: Need Searchable Tags [message #18629 is a reply to message #18627 ] Sat, 02 October 2010 06:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
I totally agree. Having clickable tags would be a huge enhancement for searching models.
With the results of the search for one tag, we could also have a tag cloud showing the most popular associated tags for this particular tag.
Re: Need Searchable Tags [message #18630 is a reply to message #18627 ] Sat, 02 October 2010 07:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TerraCotta  is currently offline TerraCotta
Go to my shop
Add my vote for both clickable tags and tag clouds--both would improve model browsing immensely!

Jeff
Re: Need Searchable Tags [message #24784 is a reply to message #18627 ] Fri, 11 March 2011 23:19 UTC Go to previous message
avatar horst  is currently offline horst
Go to all my models
I work here
We implemented clickable tags on product detail pages a few weeks back and they are working quite nicely.

Tag clouds are also a cool idea that I will mull over. Thanks for the suggestions!

Shapeways Front-End Product Lead

Previous Topic:Shop Creation
Next Topic:Site update, and upload times.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.