Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Material density?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Material density? [message #18380] Sun, 26 September 2010 18:46 UTC Go to next message
avatar rstarkov  is currently offline rstarkov
Go to all my models
I may not be looking in the right place, but I can't seem to find much info on the density of your materials.

The datasheet on White, Strong and Flexible mentions 0.93 g/cm^3, but that's the only number I could find.

Do you have the numbers for the other materials?
Re: Material density? [message #19645 is a reply to message #18380 ] Tue, 26 October 2010 10:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Hanne91  is currently offline Hanne91
Go to all my models
I would really like to know the density too. Does any of the materials sink in water?
Where did you find the number for WSF?
Re: Material density? [message #19646 is a reply to message #19645 ] Tue, 26 October 2010 10:25 UTC Go to previous message
avatar rstarkov  is currently offline rstarkov
Go to all my models
The density of WSF is mentioned in the product datasheet located at http://www.shapeways.com/topics/udesign/materials/white_stro ng_flexible/pa2200_material_data_sheet_12_08_en__.pdf - which is linked from http://www.shapeways.com/materials/white_strong_flexible (search for "material datasheet").

I can confirm that WSF parts float in water.

I'd still love to know the densities of the other materials after manufacturing.

Previous Topic:My design but not my design?
Next Topic:Problem with the Pix Pics

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.