Home » Community » General Discussion » And then one day you're on national television..
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
And then one day you're on national television.. [message #18343] Sat, 25 September 2010 23:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I'm pretty sure this is blog material, but it's not yet, and I couldn't sleep after all this excitement anyway Laughing

Shapeways' adventures to New York caught the attention of our national news and they did a two minute item on the Saturday prime-time and late shows!

http://www.rtl.nl/components/actueel/rtlnieuws/miMedia/2010/ week38/za_1930_3d_printen.avi_plain.xml

Oh yeah, and they interviewed me too Wink

index.php?t=getfile&id=5245&private=0
(yaiks, well, lets see you try to find a charming still in a video stream Rolling Eyes )

I never would have guessed that entering the Shapeways community would lead to a television appearance Very Happy

So if your still wondering if all the effort you put into your Shapeways models can really lead to something? Err, yes it can Smile

Thank you to everyone involved! It was an awesome experience!

Cheers,

Stijn van der Linden

• Attachment: still.jpg
    (Size: 717.26KB, Downloaded 320 time(s))

[Updated on: Sun, 26 September 2010 12:10 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: And then one day your on national television.. [message #18344 is a reply to message #18343 ] Sat, 25 September 2010 23:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Congratulations!

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: And then one day your on national television.. [message #18350 is a reply to message #18343 ] Sun, 26 September 2010 06:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar maartje  is currently offline maartje
Go to my shop
I work here
It looked really nice, well done Stijn ! Razz
(& I saw my Piggy in it, Very Happy very cool)
Re: And then one day you're on national television.. [message #18379 is a reply to message #18343 ] Sun, 26 September 2010 18:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar CescoAiel  is currently offline CescoAiel
Go to all my models
virtox wrote on Sun, 26 September 2010 00:11

Shapeways' adventures to New York caught the attention of our national news and they did a two minute item on the Saturday prime-time and late shows!

Yes, and the rest of the evening the web site was all but unreachable! I am pretty sure the server stats will show a significant surge in traffic yesterday evening... Laughing
Re: And then one day you're on national television.. [message #18387 is a reply to message #18379 ] Sun, 26 September 2010 20:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jettuh  is currently offline Jettuh
Go to my shop
was cool to see you stijn!

so, maartje or bart, how many new members did the item attract? Very Happy

Re: And then one day you're on national television.. [message #18391 is a reply to message #18387 ] Sun, 26 September 2010 21:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Robin075  is currently offline Robin075
Go to my shop
It did attract me tough! Laughing

And its so nice! haha.
Re: And then one day you're on national television.. [message #18396 is a reply to message #18391 ] Sun, 26 September 2010 21:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Spongeinside  is currently offline Spongeinside
Go to my shop
Very Happy Soo cool! And just to mention that today I was showing my dad this website and stuff.. pretty cool coincidence Very Happy

We should start a topic (if it doesn't already exists) about how people ended up here Wink

Anyway, it's cool to have public exposure for a (starting) company like Shapeways. Let's hope even more good things come in the future! (I'm pretty sure it will Wink )

[Updated on: Sun, 26 September 2010 21:48 UTC]

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!
Re: And then one day you're on national television.. [message #18448 is a reply to message #18396 ] Mon, 27 September 2010 17:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BAROBA  is currently offline BAROBA
Go to my shop
I did see two of my bowies the bunnies pass by Smile
Good job Stijn Smile

Re: And then one day you're on national television.. [message #18449 is a reply to message #18448 ] Mon, 27 September 2010 17:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar chris89  is currently offline chris89
Go to my shop
aaa i missed this!

It's cool that they did a topic about 3d printing, shows how much interest there is.
Nice one, grats to you and shapeways.
Re: And then one day you're on national television.. [message #18492 is a reply to message #18449 ] Tue, 28 September 2010 15:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
You did a great job Stijn! They made the right choice by making you the star of the item Wink

Working with the television crew was indeed a great experience. It's amazing how much work it takes to make just a few seconds of television - for Marleen and me, about 4 hours to make 10 seconds.

What a way to spend your Saturday Smile

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Another Happy Camper, Generally
Next Topic:co-creator fees

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.