Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Markup
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Markup [message #17592] Sun, 12 September 2010 10:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Hello,

I have a little issue with the markup setting.
I live in Europe. So when I set a markup I can see the retail price with VAT included (I don't know if it is also the case or non-European shop owners).
And of course I see it in dollars.

The problem is that I am choosing retail prices that are from this style: $29.99 (I know that Youknowwho4eva doesn't like that, but that's the way it is Smile)
But actually i am afraid that nobody can see those retail prices:
- European will look at the Euro price
- non-European will see this price but without the VAT...
So I need to set the markup in $ without the VAT (alternatively I could set it in Euro including VAT, but i guess European consumers are less numerous than on-European, so forget it Twisted Evil )

Does that make sense ?
Re: Markup [message #17593 is a reply to message #17592 ] Sun, 12 September 2010 11:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
It sort of does, but to be honest, I don't think you'll be able to do it so that everyone's prices end in $0.99 anyway. VAT will vary depending on where the item's being shipped to, so there's not really any way of predicting what every possible customer's final price will be.

Andy
Re: Markup [message #17596 is a reply to message #17593 ] Sun, 12 September 2010 13:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Not sure. I think the VAT applied by Shapeways is always 20% whatever the country. For instance, it is different from the regular VAT applied in France which is 19.6%.

[Updated on: Sun, 12 September 2010 13:55 UTC]

Previous Topic:YouTube link not working?
Next Topic:How do I move a model to a shop section?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.