Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Markup
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Markup [message #17592] Sun, 12 September 2010 10:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Hello,

I have a little issue with the markup setting.
I live in Europe. So when I set a markup I can see the retail price with VAT included (I don't know if it is also the case or non-European shop owners).
And of course I see it in dollars.

The problem is that I am choosing retail prices that are from this style: $29.99 (I know that Youknowwho4eva doesn't like that, but that's the way it is Smile)
But actually i am afraid that nobody can see those retail prices:
- European will look at the Euro price
- non-European will see this price but without the VAT...
So I need to set the markup in $ without the VAT (alternatively I could set it in Euro including VAT, but i guess European consumers are less numerous than on-European, so forget it Twisted Evil )

Does that make sense ?
Re: Markup [message #17593 is a reply to message #17592 ] Sun, 12 September 2010 11:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
It sort of does, but to be honest, I don't think you'll be able to do it so that everyone's prices end in $0.99 anyway. VAT will vary depending on where the item's being shipped to, so there's not really any way of predicting what every possible customer's final price will be.

Andy
Re: Markup [message #17596 is a reply to message #17593 ] Sun, 12 September 2010 13:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Not sure. I think the VAT applied by Shapeways is always 20% whatever the country. For instance, it is different from the regular VAT applied in France which is 19.6%.

[Updated on: Sun, 12 September 2010 13:55 UTC]

Previous Topic:YouTube link not working?
Next Topic:How do I move a model to a shop section?