Home » Support » Buying » Where did the formula go...
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Where did the formula go... [message #1732] Sun, 26 October 2008 22:03 UTC Go to next message
avatar Sovereign  is currently offline Sovereign
Go to all my models
There used to be something that would allow you to specify how much you wanted to spend material-wise, then it would tell you how to scale your model. Where did that go?
Re: Where did the formula go... [message #1743 is a reply to message #1732 ] Mon, 27 October 2008 06:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar WetMorgoth  is currently offline WetMorgoth
Go to all my models
I don't remember there being anything on the site that did that. However, as a rough rule of thumb, if you halve the size in one dimension, you halve the volume, and thus the cost. So, if you halve the size in all three dimensions, it will be 1/8th the cost. Double the size will cost 8x as much. It won't be exactly that as the cost includes postage etc (and minimum purchase price of $25), but that will give you a rough guide to how cost scales with size.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 October 2008 06:10 UTC]

Re: Where did the formula go... [message #1746 is a reply to message #1743 ] Mon, 27 October 2008 08:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Here you go:

http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/36-Resize,-Get-the-Ri ght-Price.html

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Where did the formula go... [message #1939 is a reply to message #1732 ] Sun, 09 November 2008 19:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar nllmavo  is currently offline nllmavo
Go to all my models
it would be nice to put this formula somewhere easier to find? If you're new to the neighbourhood, you won't scroll through the whole blog....
Thank you
Re: Where did the formula go... [message #1958 is a reply to message #1939 ] Mon, 10 November 2008 22:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pete  is currently offline pete
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
and now it is here:
http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/resize-to-reprice

hope you all like it

Peter
Re: Where did the formula go... [message #1977 is a reply to message #1732 ] Tue, 11 November 2008 07:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar nllmavo  is currently offline nllmavo
Go to all my models
GREAT Smile

Previous Topic:Shipment not received
Next Topic:shameless question on quantity pricing

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.