Home » Community » General Discussion » My New Website!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
My New Website! [message #17178] Fri, 03 September 2010 03:00 UTC Go to next message
avatar Designmodeller1  is currently offline Designmodeller1
Go to my shop
Hey guys!

I am excited to finally announce that my new website is finally open!

My friend and I have been working on starting a small business for almost a year now to sell our jewelry designs. The site features 15 ring designs (printed by shapeways of course).

Please have a look and let me know what you think! Very Happy

www.nylonmethod.com

Our business name is Nylon Method (for nylon WSF material and method for the rapid prototyping method.

Thank you for making this possible Shapeways! You guys are awesome!

Shawn
index.php?t=getfile&id=4864&private=0

[Updated on: Fri, 03 September 2010 03:03 UTC]

Re: My New Website! [message #17197 is a reply to message #17178 ] Fri, 03 September 2010 10:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
looks good! good luck to you.

so so since you handle the shipping and billing outside of shapeways how do you handle the inventory management? you have a good variety of rings + different sizes + different finishes, so do you have all in stock, or you order from shapeways after receiving the order from the customer and then have it shipped directly or to you 1st then on to the customer....

just wondering, thanks

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: My New Website! [message #17198 is a reply to message #17197 ] Fri, 03 September 2010 11:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Nice designs and website.. well done

Duann Scott

Re: My New Website! [message #17226 is a reply to message #17197 ] Fri, 03 September 2010 14:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
@Jeff

Yes, I have decided to keep a stock of every ring in every size and replenish my stock as needed. I think it would take too long if I waited until an order came in to order it from Shapeways.

It's more expensive in the beginning to get the stock but this way I can get the ring to a customer very quickly.

@drscott
Thanks! Smile
Re: My New Website! [message #17238 is a reply to message #17226 ] Fri, 03 September 2010 20:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gumball  is currently offline gumball
Go to my shop
Have you considered offering the rings in larger sizes with the caveat "Please allow 7-14 days extra days for larger sizes".

My smallest ring finger is a 10, and they range up into the 15 mark for the middle and index fingers. An 8 might, MIGHT, fit over the first knuckle of my pinkie.

Brian
Re: My New Website! [message #17239 is a reply to message #17238 ] Fri, 03 September 2010 20:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
I've always had problems taking photos of pure WSF, it always gets washed out. But your photos look great! You might want to include some dyed photos as examples.

It didn't seem you could actually order anything, or did I miss something?
Re: My New Website! [message #17266 is a reply to message #17239 ] Sat, 04 September 2010 17:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
@gibell,
Thanks, I found that natural light works best for WSF. I did set up a light-box in my house for the close up shots.

You can order right off the site; just click the images on the main page for more info.

@gumball
The size thing is a big one, we had a hard time deciding which sizes to carry and decided to restrict it to four of the most common to keep our stock numbers down.

We can make them any size you want. Let me know the size and the style you are interested in and I will upload it to my shapeways shop here just for you. Smile

Re: My New Website! [message #17373 is a reply to message #17178 ] Tue, 07 September 2010 09:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar jamec9869  is currently offline jamec9869
Go to all my models
Designmodeller1 wrote on Fri, 03 September 2010 04:00

Hey guys!

I am excited to finally announce that my new website is finally open!

My friend and I have been working on starting a small business for almost a year now to sell our jewelry designs. The site features 15 ring designs (printed by shapeways of course).

Please have a look and let me know what you think! Very Happy

www.nylonmethod.com

Our business name is Nylon Method (for nylon WSF material and method for the rapid prototyping method.

Thank you for making this possible Shapeways! You guys are awesome!

Shawn
index.php?t=getfile&id=4864&private=0

Thanks you for the post. I love your site

Previous Topic:WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!
Next Topic:3 d printing south florida?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.