Home » Community » It arrived! » Variations on a Theme
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Variations on a Theme [message #17069] Wed, 01 September 2010 00:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar Action_N  is currently offline Action_N
Go to my shop
Two personal items with my logo on them - a ring and a letter seal.

The ring is the only piece of jewelry I wear on a regular basis (the hexagon cufflinks are for special occasions), and the design just happened to fit my particular ring size. Despite the band's thickness (3/32" including surface detailing), it's actually very comfortable.

The letter seal is an Art Deco-styled gargoyle, and despite the minimalist aesthetic, the design took nearly three months to perfect. The base is solid, as are the legs and head, but the body is mostly hollow, with an opening between the legs for excess material drainage. The wings are only 1/16" thick, but sturdy enough that one has to exert a significant amount of pressure to make them flex.

Both of these arrived a few months back, but since Whystler apparently has a thing for Art Deco, I thought I would share.

Action N Ring, with small paperclip for scale
index.php?t=getfile&id=4821&private=0

Letter Seal, front view
index.php?t=getfile&id=4822&private=0

Letter Seal, side view
index.php?t=getfile&id=4823&private=0

Letter Seal, rear view
index.php?t=getfile&id=4824&private=0

Letter Seal, bottom view
index.php?t=getfile&id=4825&private=0

Regards,
Action N

[Updated on: Fri, 10 September 2010 21:26 UTC]

"And though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

~ Ulysses
Re: Variations on a Theme [message #17071 is a reply to message #17069 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 01:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Whystler  is currently offline Whystler
Go to my shop
Love it - another piece with an art deco styling! Nice to see it on a gargoyle.

-Whystler

Check out my website: http://tshawnjohnson.wordpress.com/
Re: Variations on a Theme [message #17138 is a reply to message #17069 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 14:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Nane  is currently offline Nane
Go to all my models
Action_N wrote on Wed, 01 September 2010 00:01

The letter seal is an Art Deco-styled gargoyle, and despite the minimalist aesthetic, the design took nearly three months to perfect.

I can believe it, looks perfect. I was able to just glance at the picture and knew it was a Gargoyle. The ring is great as well but the gargoyle is just hands down sharp!
Re: Variations on a Theme [message #17310 is a reply to message #17138 ] Mon, 06 September 2010 03:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar berky93  is currently offline berky93
Go to my shop
I would love to start making models with my logo on them. Unfortunately, I made this logo in about ten seconds in photoshop and I really don't like it. But maybe I'll get back to that one...

Your objects looks great, btw. I love the technological/simplistic look of the gargoyle.

Previous Topic:My Earth Defence Fleet
Next Topic:New babys in my math art collection

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.