Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Website errors
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Website errors [message #16986] Tue, 31 August 2010 03:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar roofoo  is currently offline roofoo
Go to my shop
I keep getting "An unknown error has occurred" whenever I try to view a product or try to look at my designs. There's something wonky going on with the website. I tried 3 different browsers, and tried on a Mac and WIndows XP and get the same error.

http://www.eyephoriadesign.com http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eyephoriadesign http://www.etsy.com/shop/eyephoriadesign
Re: Website errors [message #16987 is a reply to message #16986 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 03:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar clsn  is currently offline clsn
Go to my shop
This happened to me for a while last night... presumably while they were doing the website upgrade. I guess they'll sort this out soon.
Re: Website errors [message #16999 is a reply to message #16986 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 07:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GHP  is currently offline GHP
Go to my shop
I've been having the same problem for at least the past few hours. I can't look at (or see thumbnails) of any of the models, including my own and the featured models. Are other people not having this problem?
Re: Website errors [message #17000 is a reply to message #16986 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 07:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar StuffBySteve  is currently offline StuffBySteve
Go to my shop
I'm having it too.
It started last night when I tried to upload a new model and I thought I broke Shapeways Laughing
It got better today, and I uploaded the model successfully.
Then I did another tonight, and the errors started popping up again.
It only happens when I'm logged in, but on both computers I've tried.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one- I'm sure they're working on it!

EDIT- I just checked- my designs page is now working, but doesn't have my latest model.
My shop also works, but has a few extra deleted versions of old stuff, and does have my newest model.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 August 2010 07:35 UTC]

Re: Website errors [message #17001 is a reply to message #16986 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 07:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GHP  is currently offline GHP
Go to my shop
And now it's fixed!
Re: Website errors [message #17005 is a reply to message #17000 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 09:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Gosric  is currently offline Gosric
Go to my shop
is anyone other than me having issues with the 3d viewer?
Re: Website errors [message #17006 is a reply to message #16986 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 09:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar arno  is currently offline arno
Go to all my models
Hi,

Unfortunately solr was stuck this early morning. We use solr for the gallery indexes. After restarting it first thing this morning, all was back to normal.
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. We are working on a functional watchdog that keeps an eye on solr and make it behave in case it happens again.

About the 3d viewer ... we have had more reports about that Sad And at the office the first person with problems has popped up as well. All the people experiencing this problem had recently updated to java release 6, update 21. We suspect this update has something changed which broke our software. It is under investigation, but this might be a java issue (aka outside our control). We hope to offer a fix or workaround asap.

kind regards, Arno
icon13.gif  Re: Website errors [message #17008 is a reply to message #17006 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 10:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tommy_2Tall  is currently offline Tommy_2Tall
Go to my shop
Hi!

The product gallery (along with the featured products on the Home page) are gone again.

All that I can see is the text "No results found (yet)".
Re: Website errors [message #17012 is a reply to message #16986 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 10:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
looks like the 1st page of my designs are missing, atleast when i click my designs. When i go to my shop page all of my designs are there...

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: Website errors [message #17013 is a reply to message #17012 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 11:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar barrys  is currently offline barrys
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Jeff,

do you still experience problems with your mydesigns?

--Barry
Re: Website errors [message #17014 is a reply to message #16986 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 11:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi Arno,

When i click the up/down button to scroll through the pictures on a model page the entire page is jumping upwards i.e: scrolls its self up all the way. (Firefox , latest version)

Is it possible to leave the old scroll bar for the pics?
If i have more then few pics.. for a model the clicking is tiresome..

Thanks
Dizingof

http://www.3Dizingof.com
Re: Website errors [message #17026 is a reply to message #17013 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 13:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
All designs minus one (canvas wrap negative) are there. Canvas wrap negative is on my shp page still and I did just upload it yesterday so that may be aiding it's disappearance.

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: Website errors [message #17037 is a reply to message #17026 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 15:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Well, now all but three of my designs are gone!
In my store they are fine, but on my designs page... they aren't there!

As for the 3D viewer, Java won't work on my computers for some odd reason, so I've never been able to use that feature!

Thanks for keeping of top of everything Shapeways! Smile
Re: Website errors [message #17057 is a reply to message #17037 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 21:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jasolo  is currently offline jasolo
Go to my shop
Same problem as SteveLikesCubes: three lost models in my designs.
Re: Website errors [message #17060 is a reply to message #16986 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 21:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Same problem, but only one of my models is missing from my Design page.

http://www.eyephoriadesign.com http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eyephoriadesign http://www.etsy.com/shop/eyephoriadesign
Re: Website errors [message #17065 is a reply to message #17060 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 22:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Gosric  is currently offline Gosric
Go to my shop
ouch, just checked my design page and all of my fighters and my aerial carrier are missing...help!

just checked my shop, the designs are still there but they are not on my design pages

[Updated on: Tue, 31 August 2010 22:48 UTC]

Re: Website errors [message #17075 is a reply to message #17065 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 04:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Well, two of my models have re-appeared
So now I have 5 out of 13.
I was just about to order a few, too!

Shapeways- should I re-upload everything, or will they be re-appearing when the bug is worked out?

EDIT- Two more just popped up! 7/13 Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 01 September 2010 04:48 UTC]

Re: Website errors [message #17077 is a reply to message #17075 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 05:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I mentioned this in one of the other forum messages... About half of my models are missing from the "My Designs" page, but all of them are still visible in my Shop.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Website errors [message #17078 is a reply to message #17077 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 05:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yes, same for me, all my models show up in my Shop but not in the My Designs section. Confused

Re: Website errors [message #17079 is a reply to message #16986 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 05:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
The same for me. The latest item is shown in the shop but not in my designs. It is also not found via search as the rest of the items.

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once)
Re: Website errors [message #17103 is a reply to message #17079 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 15:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
My models are all back!
How are everyone else's shops doing?

[Updated on: Wed, 01 September 2010 15:58 UTC]

Re: Website errors [message #17104 is a reply to message #17103 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 17:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jasolo  is currently offline jasolo
Go to my shop
Yes, fixed also in my models.
Re: Website errors [message #17105 is a reply to message #17103 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 17:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lukas.suess  is currently offline lukas.suess
Go to my shop
Had the same effect.
One model was mysteriously missing in My Designs.
All back to normal now.

Previous Topic:delete comments
Next Topic:How can I browse my favorites list?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.