Home » Support » 3D Applications » Google Sketchup possible
Search Search  
 () 1 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Re: Google Sketchup possible [message #13150 is a reply to message #163 ] Tue, 25 May 2010 00:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
SOLUTION FOUND

I have just found a tested solution using a new (Apr 2010?) plug-in called STL4SU. I started a new thread HERE so that it didn't get lost in the shuffle.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Google Sketchup possible [message #13154 is a reply to message #13147 ] Tue, 25 May 2010 04:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar 05willys  is currently offline 05willys
Go to all my models
Just a note on the last bit...I have been using Cadspan for the last 5 years, and to my understanding it has been out there for the last 10 (they are a local company) so I am fairly certain they don't intend to stop service any time soon. Very nice guys BTW.
Re: Google Sketchup possible [message #16769 is a reply to message #5155 ] Fri, 27 August 2010 00:40 UTC Go to previous message
avatar MINIUMM  is currently offline MINIUMM
Go to all my models
glyphobet wrote on Tue, 07 July 2009 04:20

Here is the process that I have found successful for getting Google SketchUp (version 7.0.10248, free) models into Shapeways:

1. Start a new model in Sketchup using the "Product design and Woodworking (millimeters)" template
  2. Verify that the model uses millimeters by going to Window > Model Info > Units
  3. Export the model to a .kmz file: File > Export > 3D Model
  4. Change the .kmz extension of the file SketchUp just exported to .zip
  5. Unzip that file (OS X's Finder will do this for you)
  6. Inside the unzipped file you will find a "models" directory with a .dae file inside
  7. Open that .dae file with Meshlab (it's free)
  8. Save the model as an .stl file File > Save As > Format: STL
  9. Go to the Shapeways upload page and select the .stl file that Meshlab just saved
  10. Select "Millimeters" on the Shapeways upload page (this option is not visible until you choose a .stl file)
  11. Upload the model file to Shapeways
  12. Wait for your confirmation email from Shapeways

I'm using Mac OS X 10.5 for all of these steps.

It took me quite a long time to nail down a reliable method, so I hope this helps someone. Smile

IT WORKS !!!!
THANK YOU

Pages (2): [ «    1  2] 

Previous Topic:Google Sketchup 7
Next Topic:Sculptris

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.