Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Model repair
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Model repair [message #16627] Tue, 24 August 2010 20:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar Klink  is currently offline Klink
Go to my shop
I have a couple of small files that were originally created in 3DS Max that are coming back with manifold errors. I would like to find someone to help repair but as someone new to 3D modeling explain how to correct the errors if not too complicated so I may someday make future repairs myself. I will pm or email the files if interested and can convert them if needed.

Cheers
J
Re: Model repair [message #16631 is a reply to message #16627 ] Tue, 24 August 2010 22:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
PM me one of them and I'll offer to take a look.

You should download Meshlab and Netfabb.. both are free, and both help you find manifold errors.
Re: Model repair [message #16634 is a reply to message #16631 ] Wed, 25 August 2010 01:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GHP  is currently offline GHP
Go to my shop
NetFabb seems to be especially good for fixing manifold problems (click the red plus sign), although it may sometimes patch holes in ways you don't want. Meshlab (the version I'm using at least - 1.2.2.) will remove non-manifold faces and allow you to patch holes in various ways, but it can be a lengthy process sometimes.
Re: Model repair [message #16669 is a reply to message #16627 ] Wed, 25 August 2010 18:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks for the notes Guys !

I have used and tried Netfabb with this model and also tried following the repair tutorial here in the support section using blender with no luck. If there is a ton of tedious fixes I would love to take the time and fix them if I knew how. Maybe the file is too far off to fix ?

File sent .

Cheers

Jeff
Re: Model repair [message #16696 is a reply to message #16669 ] Thu, 26 August 2010 06:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Hi Jeff, sounds challenging, I'd be interested in looking at them.
Can you convert them to obj or stl and email them to me.

Info@dotsan.com
www.dotsan.com

V

www.dotsan.com
Re: Model repair [message #17157 is a reply to message #16696 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 21:08 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thank-you for the response V . An email has been sent your way with the files attached.

Cheers

Previous Topic:Help with medical model for 3d printing!
Next Topic:Simple "cardboard box" robot

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.