Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Support » 3D Applications » Zedit Question
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Zedit Question [message #16536] Sun, 22 August 2010 23:40 UTC Go to next message
avatar Klink  is currently offline Klink
Go to my shop
I have, what I hope prepared a model for print and corrected errors (lots) with a trial version of ZEdit pro but the only "save as" or export option is a .zrp file type. As I believe Shapeways uses Zcorp printers is this a workable file type for a user like myself to provide to Shapeways? Is there any possible way to convert this .zrp type file back to a file type recognized by netfabb and the likes without losing model integrity for future edits or is this truly the last step before print....period?

Cheers
J
Re: Zedit Question [message #16553 is a reply to message #16536 ] Mon, 23 August 2010 11:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Hi Klink,

sorry, but you can't upload.zrp files. I'm not familiar with ZEdit, so I can't suggest alternative routes. Maybe the trial edition has been limited in its export capabilities?

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Zedit Question [message #16586 is a reply to message #16553 ] Mon, 23 August 2010 20:50 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Klink  is currently offline Klink
Go to my shop
Thanks for the note Bart

I miss quoted the program name that should have been ZEdit Pro. I'm guessing this is a program offed to printer purchasers as part of a software bundle and not as available as other programs line Netfabb. As one with little to know 3D model experience I did find the program very useful and easy to use as it walked through all repairs with the user. Maybe someday the file export will include other types.

Cheers

Previous Topic:Blender: boolean union losing faces
Next Topic:Google Sketchup 7