Home » Community » It arrived! » Heart necklace.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Heart necklace. [message #16493] Sat, 21 August 2010 20:59 UTC Go to next message
avatar polyoptics  is currently offline polyoptics
Go to my shop
Hi all,

I have received the smaller necklace version of my Heart Squeeze character piece. The detail is amazing, it came out really well!!!

I am curious if anyone would actually wear it, i'll have to give a few as gifts to see.

Any comments on design are welcome!

Youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG6SPDmmYD0

index.php?t=getfile&id=4627&private=0

Thanks Shapeways!!

Re: Heart necklace. [message #16563 is a reply to message #16493 ] Mon, 23 August 2010 12:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
That is amazing! I wouldn't wear it, but I would think a lady would.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Heart necklace. [message #16575 is a reply to message #16563 ] Mon, 23 August 2010 15:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hahah, yes I think it will appeal more to women, but its all good! Wink

Thanks!
Re: Heart necklace. [message #16664 is a reply to message #16575 ] Wed, 25 August 2010 17:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
This item is now available for purchase in my shop!! Smile
I can't wait to try it in silver!!

Here is my original design art work:

index.php?t=getfile&id=4666&private=0

Thanks!
-poly

Re: Heart necklace. [message #16671 is a reply to message #16664 ] Wed, 25 August 2010 20:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Ohw, very sweet Smile

Based on that artwork you could make it a two-parter : A silver(steel) cow holding a golden(bronze) heart Smile

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Heart necklace. [message #16952 is a reply to message #16664 ] Mon, 30 August 2010 15:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Michel Hussy  is currently offline Michel Hussy
Go to all my models
Hello friend,
Very nice !
It looks like a newly small born baby.

Thanks

[Updated on: Mon, 30 August 2010 16:31 UTC] by Moderator

Re: Heart necklace. [message #17072 is a reply to message #16664 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 01:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar daddymack  is currently offline daddymack
Go to my shop
Hi Polyoptics, I remember this piece from when you posted it at cgtalk.. Its innocence and simplicity really left an impact. like others have said I think the detail is lost and if you could make it 2 part in 2 finishes it wd be stunning... Keep the great work flowing:)
Re: Heart necklace. [message #17158 is a reply to message #17072 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 21:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks all, for the comments. Smile

It is a very interesting idea to create the heart and body from different materials. I would love to try this, but I am not sure at all how best to have them fit together. They are made of metal, so I am stuck thinking that most of the snap together methods from WSF won't help me much.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how I could get that to work at his small scale?

Thanks again!
Re: Heart necklace. [message #17162 is a reply to message #16493 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 22:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
My first thought would be to rig the 'tail' of the heart so it's got a small hook on it; you could slip the tail through the loop made by the character's arms and hook it under them. Maybe for extra security the character could have a loop of its own that hides behind the heart so that both pieces are attached directly to the chain (sort of like my I Ching pendants; the two halves are put together and then threaded).

Hopefully that doesn't sound more complicated than what I'm visualising. Razz

Andy
Re: Heart necklace. [message #17477 is a reply to message #17162 ] Thu, 09 September 2010 02:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Interesting idea, I have been brain storming about it and there are a few things I would like to try. I think however, I will try them on a new model and leave this as a 1 material piece. Very Happy

The detail is there and I think as solid silver it will be great. In the photo it's a little hard to see, mostly because it is very over exposed. The youtube version is much more accurate; the small scale reproduction did hit and exceed my expectations.

Thanks for the ideas, it got me to examine my girlfriends jewelry and really sparked some thoughts!

On a side note she absolutely loved it and is wearing it all the time now. It hangs well off the chain too! Smile Smile

Re: Heart necklace. [message #18012 is a reply to message #17477 ] Sat, 18 September 2010 13:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar madox  is currently offline madox
Go to my shop
I would buy a full colour print of it Smile
Re: Heart necklace. [message #18195 is a reply to message #18012 ] Thu, 23 September 2010 01:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar daddymack  is currently offline daddymack
Go to my shop
me too
Re: Heart necklace. [message #18274 is a reply to message #18195 ] Thu, 23 September 2010 20:27 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Really? Very Happy Its amazing for me to think that people would want to buy something I made, THANKS!!

..by full colour, you mean in sandstone?

I ordered the material sample pack and can't wait to get it because I always thought the sandstone looked like it had a weird feel to it.

We'll see soon enough.
Thanks again!!

Previous Topic:Love earrings
Next Topic:PEZ head - Update