Home » Community » It arrived! » Samurai
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Samurai [message #16054] Sat, 14 August 2010 00:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar tadao2289  is currently offline tadao2289
Go to all my models
So it came out much better than i was expecting and i cant wait to print my next model! I did remove alot of the spikes on my model, but im still very happy.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/4889638946_fe1aca3018.jpg

I lost my digital camera so i used my webcam, srry about the image quality.
Re: Samurai [message #16069 is a reply to message #16054 ] Sat, 14 August 2010 10:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
That looks really cool, and I'm looking forward to seeing proper hi-res photos once you find your camera again! Smile

What size did you print it, after all?

Andy
Re: Samurai [message #16079 is a reply to message #16069 ] Sat, 14 August 2010 14:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar chris89  is currently offline chris89
Go to my shop
So glad you got this printed! It looks gorgeous

Which material did you go for?
are you planning to do some post work? (even just giving it a gray prime layer will pull out a lot of the details.)

Can't wait to see a bigger picture Smile really nice job.
Re: Samurai [message #16083 is a reply to message #16079 ] Sat, 14 August 2010 22:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tadao2289  is currently offline tadao2289
Go to all my models
thanks guys Smile

@ andy:
I printed it out at about 7.9 inches high. the other two dimensions i dont remember XD

@ chris:
I went for white, strong and flexible. I wanted to do some kind of bronze finish, but some of the details are so small im afraid i might ruin it.
Re: Samurai [message #16085 is a reply to message #16083 ] Sun, 15 August 2010 01:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman is currently online lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Looks good from what I can see. Looking forward to seeing better photo's...

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Samurai [message #16107 is a reply to message #16083 ] Sun, 15 August 2010 13:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
tadao2289 wrote on Sat, 14 August 2010 22:00

thanks guys Smile

@ andy:
I printed it out at about 7.9 inches high. the other two dimensions i dont remember XD

@ chris:
I went for white, strong and flexible. I wanted to do some kind of bronze finish, but some of the details are so small im afraid i might ruin it.

I don't think you'll have a problem, as long as you use thinned coats. WSF is extremely absorbent, so if you thin your paint, it'll soak it straight in (which is great, since it allows for a pretty hard-wearing paintjob). If you want to go for a bronze finish, I'd recommend first giving it a wash or two in a red-brown colour; metallic paints don't necessarily cover very well, and pre-tinting the model will help it a lot.

Andy
Re: Samurai [message #16167 is a reply to message #16054 ] Mon, 16 August 2010 12:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Wow is all I have to say dude. Amazing keep it coming.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Samurai [message #16235 is a reply to message #16054 ] Tue, 17 August 2010 07:23 UTC Go to previous message
avatar chaitanyak  is currently offline chaitanyak
Go to my shop
nice,.. really inspiring stuff!
please post more pics soon

Previous Topic:centaur
Next Topic:Chris Hardy's 'Re-loved' Cesca Chair

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.