Home » Community » Introductions » Hello from Singapore/USA
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hello from Singapore/USA [message #15646] Thu, 05 August 2010 07:54 UTC Go to next message
avatar TimberWolf  is currently offline TimberWolf
Go to all my models
Hello everyone!
I'm a Singaporean currently studying in the States!

Really pleased to discover this site, and all the more amazed at the level of support that its creators have provided.

I am currently studying Biomedical Engineering and I can see where Rapid Prototyping is useful. I am not only interested in making parts, but also the technology behind rapid prototyping and how to make it more.. rapid (to me, a few hours isn't really rapid. A few minutes is more like it Laughing )

Cheers and hope to interact more with you guys in the future!
Re: Hello from Singapore/USA [message #15654 is a reply to message #15646 ] Thu, 05 August 2010 09:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Welcome!

If you're interested in the production process - did you see the movies we have on our material pages?

http://www.shapeways.com/materials/

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Hello from Singapore/USA [message #15655 is a reply to message #15654 ] Thu, 05 August 2010 09:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TimberWolf  is currently offline TimberWolf
Go to all my models
Ah, I see you replied in both my threads =)
Thanks!

Yup I've seen all the videos already. Fascinating. My school in the US has a Dimension RP machine that uses FDM. However, it takes hours, and the resulting parts are nowhere as strong as I'd like them to be. Thin rods especially are prone to breakage near the base due to stress concentrations.

I still believe that rapid prototyping is well, not rapid and accessible enough, and that many strides can be made in this area. I hope to contribute to some of them.

Cheers
QX
Re: Hello from Singapore/USA [message #15660 is a reply to message #15646 ] Thu, 05 August 2010 09:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ferb82  is currently offline ferb82
Go to all my models
Hi everyone,
I'm Viet Hoa . I'm very happy to enter this attractive forum. Wish to make friends with all of you. Have a nice week! Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 05 August 2010 12:50 UTC] by Moderator

Re: Hello from Singapore/USA [message #15818 is a reply to message #15646 ] Mon, 09 August 2010 11:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar kakucis  is currently offline kakucis
Go to all my models
Hi to everyone!

I didn't wanted to post too many threads so I decided to replay on this thread!

I am 19 years old student form Latvia.

And found this forum by Google.

Will see what can I found here and of course what I can give back to community! Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 15 August 2010 09:59 UTC]

Previous Topic:Hey :D
Next Topic:Hello all!