Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Work in progress » Transforming hexpod figure "Doubletime"
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Transforming hexpod figure "Doubletime" [message #15462] Fri, 30 July 2010 01:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
Following the semi-success of my Despoiler figure (it still needs some modding, but I'm pretty happy with it), I've created a second in the Hex series; Doubletime! This fella will be a 20-piece kit, which, when assembled, will form a 58mm tall robot figure, with 11 points of articulation, and built-in flip-out rifles!

Front and rear views below; click the thumbnails for full-sized pics:

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab218/DrawnSteelHero/th_Doubletime-final-front.png

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab218/DrawnSteelHero/th_Doubletime-final-rear.png

I just need to separate the pieces and build a sprue for them, then I'll be uploading and ordering a test print.

Enjoy! Very Happy

Andy
Re: Transforming hexpod figure "Doubletime" [message #15499 is a reply to message #15462 ] Fri, 30 July 2010 18:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Well, fingers crossed; I've just ordered my test-print for Doubletime, as well as the new turbo rifle I just uploaded. Smile

The impatient twitching begins anew... Razz

Andy
icon14.gif  Re: Transforming hexpod figure "Doubletime" [message #15547 is a reply to message #15499 ] Sun, 01 August 2010 23:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar catch22  is currently offline catch22
Go to all my models
Very cool! Good luck with the test fit
Re: Transforming hexpod figure "Doubletime" [message #16200 is a reply to message #15547 ] Mon, 16 August 2010 21:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar chd  is currently offline chd
Go to my shop
I want to get one... when he is done.
Re: Transforming hexpod figure "Doubletime" [message #16212 is a reply to message #15462 ] Tue, 17 August 2010 00:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Fantastic! Smile
I've had my first test print (as shown in the "It's Arrived!" forum), and I think I've now fixed the few problems I had. I'll be re-uploading the model very soon and hopefully ordering a new test print within the next couple of days. So DT should (fingers crossed) be available for sale within a week or two. Smile

Andy
Re: Transforming hexpod figure "Doubletime" [message #16236 is a reply to message #16212 ] Tue, 17 August 2010 07:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Boo-Yah Andy!

Any way you could adapt the design to look like a coke can?
Re: Transforming hexpod figure "Doubletime" [message #16247 is a reply to message #15462 ] Tue, 17 August 2010 09:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hmm... that's an interesting idea. It might be possible... *searches for chin-rubbing smiley*... Razz

It would still have to be a paint-it-yourself job of course, as the only way of doing pre-printed is sandstone, and that really wouldn't work with the design (it pushes the boundaries of WSF as it is). Razz

Andy
Re: Transforming hexpod figure "Doubletime" [message #16248 is a reply to message #16247 ] Tue, 17 August 2010 10:19 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Of course, I'm just putting random Ideas out there Very Happy

Rolling Eyes

Shocked

If he ccan't kill you with his blaster, he'll poison your soft-drink! lol.

Previous Topic:The Fire Gauntlet
Next Topic:Kissing Stone Pendant

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.