Home » Support » 3D Design » (HUGE) help needed to produce mutant vehicle
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
(HUGE) help needed to produce mutant vehicle [message #1345] Wed, 17 September 2008 15:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar walele  is currently offline walele
Go to all my models
Hello,
I would like to create a 3D print of a mutant vehicle - a cross between a car (Lotus Seven) and a plane (Corsair), as a birthday gift for my husband; both have 3DS max models sold on Turbosquid.com, which I will purchase. But... I have absolutely ZERO experience of 3D design whatsoever ... Confused

I therefore "just" need to find someone willing to actually merge the two files together for me (if at all possible) and tweak it to my liking so that I can have the object 3D-printed. This is obvioulsy a huge favour to ask as it may take time (I do have a deadline though: November 1st), so I am more than willing to trade this for any 2D graphic design work (which is what I do for a living).

Thanks in advance to the selfless soul out there who will hear me...

index.php?t=getfile&id=102&private=0

• Attachment: mutant.jpg
    (Size: 75.18KB, Downloaded 487 time(s))

d'abord y'a rien... puis y'a quelquechose !
Re: (HUGE) help needed to produce mutant vehicle [message #1351 is a reply to message #1345 ] Thu, 18 September 2008 02:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dalhimar  is currently offline Dalhimar
Go to my shop
I am willing to give it a shot, But i cannot guarantee high quality or speedy work as i am still an amateur modeler, and still in highschool, meaning i have limited time each day to work.
The only thing i can guarantee is that i will try to create a good looking model to the best of my abilities.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 September 2008 02:11 UTC]

Re: (HUGE) help needed to produce mutant vehicle [message #1356 is a reply to message #1351 ] Thu, 18 September 2008 14:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thanks a lot for your reply Dalhimar, perhaps I can send you the 3DS Max files so you can see whether you think it's feasible in a few hours or whether it's a monstrous project to which you cannot commit?

Re: (HUGE) help needed to produce mutant vehicle [message #1360 is a reply to message #1345 ] Thu, 18 September 2008 19:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
That would be good, but from the looks it might not be all that hard after looking at the pics. Depending on how things go, i could have it done in a matter of hours, it all depends on how detailed the models are. Either way i will try to get it made for you.
icon14.gif  Re: (HUGE) help needed to produce mutant vehicle [message #1383 is a reply to message #1345 ] Mon, 22 September 2008 14:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar RalphVdB  is currently offline RalphVdB
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi valerie@ysp.fm and Dalihimar Cool ,

I'm very curious how this turns out. Please keep us informed (pictures!),

Greetz Ralph

[Updated on: Mon, 22 September 2008 14:16 UTC]

Shapeways International Customer Service Manager
Re: (HUGE) help needed to produce mutant vehicle [message #1514 is a reply to message #1345 ] Tue, 07 October 2008 17:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
If it is ok with Ms. Valerie, i will be posting pictures of my progress so far. Due to the complexity and original methods to produce the original model parts, it is not as far as i would have hoped, but i should be able to get it done soon, unless i get delayed for some reason.
Re: (HUGE) help needed to produce mutant vehicle [message #1517 is a reply to message #1514 ] Tue, 07 October 2008 21:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
yes of course that's OK, please share!

Re: (HUGE) help needed to produce mutant vehicle [message #1523 is a reply to message #1345 ] Wed, 08 October 2008 12:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Alright, well here is what i have done so far, Still alot of work to do in order to get it looking right. At the moment ive been working on getting the wings and the fins on the car to line up and flow smoothly. Should have this done very soon bar any implacations.
After that i will be working on getting the cars grill to look right, and print right, since they would measure under .1mm when printed otherwise. Then working on the wheel structure to get it so it will no break during shipping. then making sure that the pedals, dials, steering wheel, shifter, etc. will be printable without implacations.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/hellsdeath/Preview-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/hellsdeath/preview2-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/hellsdeath/preview3-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/hellsdeath/preview4.jpg
Re: (HUGE) help needed to produce mutant vehicle [message #1527 is a reply to message #1523 ] Wed, 08 October 2008 18:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar daddymack  is currently offline daddymack
Go to my shop
LYW Dalhimar.. I think it would look even cooler if the faring that runs from the front wheel somehow blended into the wing to unify the pieces more
Re: (HUGE) help needed to produce mutant vehicle [message #1539 is a reply to message #1345 ] Thu, 09 October 2008 21:18 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
daddymack
LYW Dalhimar.. I think it would look even cooler if the faring that runs from the front wheel somehow blended into the wing to unify the pieces more

thats exactly what i meant when i said:
"wings and the fins on the car to line up and flow smoothly"
Just didnt remember the technical name for them =P

Previous Topic:Galatean Dream for real
Next Topic:Exporting directly