Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Not for sale issue and updates
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Not for sale issue and updates [message #14837] Sat, 17 July 2010 03:21 UTC Go to next message
avatar sublimate  is currently offline sublimate
Go to my shop
I noticed a bug in my shop/models and in some other shop/models. Some items are listed as not for sale in the shop, but are for sale in models.

[Updated on: Sat, 17 July 2010 07:08 UTC]

Re: not for sale in my shop but for sale in my models [message #14846 is a reply to message #14837 ] Sat, 17 July 2010 14:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pete  is currently offline pete
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Hi,

we will look into it.

regards,
Peter
Re: not for sale in my shop but for sale in my models [message #14849 is a reply to message #14837 ] Sat, 17 July 2010 15:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
Have you tried to reload the page. Sometimes that helps.

Woody64

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once)
Re: not for sale in my shop but for sale in my models [message #14851 is a reply to message #14849 ] Sat, 17 July 2010 16:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jasolo  is currently offline jasolo
Go to my shop
Same problem here and reloading has not worked. Anyway, I had to relocate one of my products and after the process I have had to reload the page because the button for viewing the 2th page didn't worked. Then the problem of "not for sale" has disappeared Shocked .
For Sale Are Not For Sale [message #14895 is a reply to message #14837 ] Sun, 18 July 2010 23:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I have just noticed in a search here that many items (including at least one of mine) are shown in a search and marked Not For Sale, even though they have a shopping cart icon attached. Clicking on the item will allow ordering but this is very confusing. What gives?

The search I did is below:
http://www.shapeways.com/gallery?mg [search][category]=&mg[search][text]=dolphin+necklace+pe ndant

Glenn

**EDIT** Really bizarre... I just did the same search and now all seems in order again !!

[Updated on: Sun, 18 July 2010 23:54 UTC]

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: For Sale Are Not For Sale [message #14904 is a reply to message #14895 ] Mon, 19 July 2010 07:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar barrys  is currently offline barrys
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Glenn,

we are aware of the problem that the search index is not always updated as it should be and we are working on it.

Barry
not for sale problem persists [message #14936 is a reply to message #14837 ] Mon, 19 July 2010 18:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar photosfromrob  is currently offline photosfromrob
Go to my shop
Models mysteriously go "not for sale" and it's annoying. Yesterday some of my models were marked not for sale....I don't have any that I marked that way. Today some of those were back to normal and others were not for sale. I clicked on one (not for sale) and on the model page everything was OK. Why can't this be fixed? I've seem this happen for some time and reported it, but it persists.
Re: not for sale problem persists [message #14960 is a reply to message #14936 ] Tue, 20 July 2010 08:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Argh! I'll pass that on to development straight away.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: not for sale in my shop but for sale in my models [message #15030 is a reply to message #14837 ] Wed, 21 July 2010 12:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AotrsCommander  is currently offline AotrsCommander
Go to my shop
I appear to have the same issue on some of my models. The pink "for sale" icon is displayed correctly, but instead of the price, it reads "not for sale". I double-checked the permissions, and all were set to show and allowing ordering and available for everyone.
Re: not for sale in my shop but for sale in my models [message #15031 is a reply to message #15030 ] Wed, 21 July 2010 12:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jdl  is currently offline jdl
Go to all my models
We apologize for the problem our IT guys are working on it
Re: not for sale in my shop but for sale in my models [message #15064 is a reply to message #14837 ] Thu, 22 July 2010 08:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Almost ALL my models turned to "not for sale" .... why? Confused

http://www.3Dizingof.com
Why are my models shown "not for sale"? [message #15071 is a reply to message #14837 ] Thu, 22 July 2010 11:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways,

Here is yet another newly introduced bug on your website. For some strange reason, many of my models are marked "not for sale" at my shop page.

However, they ARE for sale!!!! Click on the models and you will be able to but them. However, with this bug, how would my customers know that the models are actually for sale?

See screenshots below. I haven't touched these models for a while, so I guess there is a bug at the Shapeways side.Please correct!

Oskar

Screenshot no.1: My Shapeways Shop showing many models "not for sale".
index.php?t=getfile&id=4244&private=0

Screenshot no.2: But yes, the models ARE for sale.

Screenshot no.3: Here you can see that I have set my checkmarks correctly.

Re: Why are my models shown "not for sale"? [message #15072 is a reply to message #15071 ] Thu, 22 July 2010 11:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Screenshot no.2: But yes, the models ARE for sale.
index.php?t=getfile&id=4245&private=0

Re: Why are my models shown "not for sale"? [message #15073 is a reply to message #15072 ] Thu, 22 July 2010 11:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Screenshot no.3: Here you can see that I have set my checkmarks correctly.
index.php?t=getfile&id=4246&private=0

[Updated on: Thu, 22 July 2010 11:15 UTC]

Re: Why are my models shown "not for sale"? [message #15075 is a reply to message #15073 ] Thu, 22 July 2010 11:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Oh, and why can I post only one image per message?
And why do I need to a minute before I am allowed to add the next message with image?
Oskar

[Updated on: Thu, 22 July 2010 11:16 UTC]

Re: Why are my models shown "not for sale"? [message #15077 is a reply to message #15071 ] Thu, 22 July 2010 12:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Same with my shop - it's a website-wide bug...

Oskar, love your work !

http://www.3Dizingof.com
Re: Why are my models shown "not for sale"? [message #15080 is a reply to message #15071 ] Thu, 22 July 2010 12:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Oskar,

Shapeways are aware of the bug and are looking into resolving the issue.

We will give you an update on the fix as soon as possible

Thank you for your informing us and your patience as it is sorted out.

Thanks

Duann

Duann Scott

Re: Why are my models shown "not for sale"? [message #15082 is a reply to message #15071 ] Thu, 22 July 2010 13:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I'm not certain on why some parts of the forum allow 3 and others 1, other then the it arrived section, you want them to show off their prints. Waiting a minute is so a bot doesn't come in and hit send send send and fill the forum before it can be removed.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Why are my models shown "not for sale"? [message #15084 is a reply to message #15071 ] Thu, 22 July 2010 14:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Oskar,

we are aware of the problem and are still working on it. The problem lies on our end.

Barry
Re: Why are my models shown "not for sale"? [message #15089 is a reply to message #15084 ] Thu, 22 July 2010 16:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bt@barrythomas.co.uk  is currently offline bt@barrythomas.co.uk
Go to my shop
It is happening to my shop today as well. This bug (according to your forums) has been around for more than a year - that's terrible. Please fix the bugs before adding any more functionality?!

B.
Re: not for sale in my shop but for sale in my models [message #15090 is a reply to message #14837 ] Thu, 22 July 2010 17:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AotrsCommander  is currently offline AotrsCommander
Go to my shop
Um...guys...not to be alarmist, or anything, but said bug appears to be spreading. Almost all of my stuff is now reading "not for sale." I sort of thought I should mention it...
Re: not for sale in my shop but for sale in my models [message #15091 is a reply to message #15064 ] Thu, 22 July 2010 17:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hacked????
Re: not for sale in my shop but for sale in my models [message #15092 is a reply to message #15090 ] Thu, 22 July 2010 17:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jasolo  is currently offline jasolo
Go to my shop
After finding again "not for sale" items and checked that my old trick of reordering doesn't work anymore, I have found a new trick, but it doesn't solve the risk of being again "not for sale":

1. Choose a "not for sale" item and click the Save button below "Add a product description". Refresh your shop page and check if all the items are again for sale.

2. Check your products periodically while the bug is present and reapply step 1 when necessary.
Re: not for sale in my shop but for sale in my models [message #15093 is a reply to message #14837 ] Thu, 22 July 2010 17:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
As far as I know (reading through the 6 topics on this issue) it is not a hack issue. It's a code issue that Shapeways is aware of, and working diligently to fix. I, myself just checked my models and one that was reading not for sale is now listing the price. Unless there is a TRON like search and destroy going on it's a bug.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
Re: not for sale problem persists [message #15125 is a reply to message #14960 ] Fri, 23 July 2010 15:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi,

We have a fix under test for this and expect it to be released this next Monday.

I am not confident enough to release this just before the weekend.

Best,

Robert
Re: Not for sale issue and updates [message #15268 is a reply to message #14837 ] Mon, 26 July 2010 13:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Ok, I merged these topics into one so that all the questions and answers are in one place. Merge feature worked pretty much how I was expecting. Now we have 4 Robert responses in a row, but I'll fix that.

Re: Not for sale issue and updates [message #15281 is a reply to message #15268 ] Mon, 26 July 2010 15:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Thanks for merging of the topics. I appreciate it.

The fix is scheduled for release tomorrow morning @ 9.00 CET.
Re: Not for sale issue and updates [message #15315 is a reply to message #15281 ] Tue, 27 July 2010 08:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
We placed a fix for this problem. All not for sale problems should now be solved.

Barry
Re: Not for sale issue and updates [message #15330 is a reply to message #15315 ] Tue, 27 July 2010 17:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I still have 7, that's far from solved.
Re: Not for sale issue and updates [message #15333 is a reply to message #14837 ] Tue, 27 July 2010 17:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I can understand your frustration, but to help could you put a link to your still troubled models?

I see this one in my shop. http://www.shapeways.com/model/120079/disc_cover_bottom.html

Also I grouped everything here so we can get to the bottom of it and have a solution and everyone be able to find it. Please don't start another thread on the same subject.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 July 2010 17:45 UTC]

Re: Not for sale issue and updates [message #15334 is a reply to message #15330 ] Tue, 27 July 2010 18:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Sorry about this. We will look into this again first thing tomorrow morning.

- Robert
Re: Not for sale issue and updates [message #15359 is a reply to message #14837 ] Wed, 28 July 2010 08:04 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
I work here
Seems the cache for the prices were not regenerated. We did this now, so it should be ok now. I couldnt find any occurences of not for sale (that had it earlier today) anymore.

Please let us know if you can still find one and we'll look at it again.

Barry

Previous Topic:Why does it take now hours to verify a model?
Next Topic:Co-Creator vacation idea

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.