Home » Support » 3D Applications » The best 3D app for MAC?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
The best 3D app for MAC? [message #13388] Fri, 04 June 2010 21:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar enrique  is currently offline enrique
Go to all my models
Hi! I'd like to create 3D models to print it but I'd like to know whats is the best application for Mac to print and export 3D models to Shapeways.
Thanks!

[Updated on: Fri, 04 June 2010 21:17 UTC]

Re: The best 3D app for MAC? [message #13389 is a reply to message #13388 ] Fri, 04 June 2010 22:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gfaherty3  is currently offline gfaherty3
Go to all my models
Best is a pretty subjective term, it really is more a matter of what you want to do. You can use Maya, C4D, Blender (free btw), Zbrush and Mudbox on Mac. Some maybe more suited for 3d printing than others. I find it easier to create my base mesh in Maya and then sculpt in details in Zbrush and Zbrush has a plug-in that helps to export for digital printing. Mudbox might as well. You can download trials of most software, download them and try them out but be aware that most applications have a pretty steep learning curve. I have been using Maya for over 6 years and am only just starting to feel like i really know it. Zbrush for over 2 years and I still don't know it as well as I would like.
good luck
Re: The best 3D app for MAC? [message #15043 is a reply to message #13388 ] Wed, 21 July 2010 20:17 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Mid7night  is currently offline Mid7night
Go to my shop
I prefer to use AC3D, but I tend to do more mechanical things, less organic. Blender is also good, but much harder to learn.

A GREAT FREE sculpting program is SCULPTRIS. I just learned about it a few weeks ago, and it's awesome! And it's free! Check out sculptris.com

Previous Topic:Can't undo in netfabb ?
Next Topic:All in one GoogleSketchup?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.