Home » Community » General Discussion » Orphaned Works 2008
Search Search  
 () 1 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Orphaned Works 2008 [message #1499] Fri, 03 October 2008 13:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar Zeekar  is currently offline Zeekar
Go to all my models

I read the bill![ 3 vote(s) ]
1.For the bill. 0 / 0%
2.Against the bill. 3 / 100%
3.No opinion. 0 / 0%

While reading the 'gomboc' topic, it occurred to me you guys might want to know about this since it could possibly effect your livelihoods: H.R. 5889 Orphaned Works Act of 2008

http://ipaorphanworks.blogspot.com/

Read that now. Please. This controversial bill has already been hotlined through the Senate unfairly and without any public discussion and big corporations are going to try and push it through the House of Reps as quietly as possible too.

It's almost too late to stop it. Calls must be made Today. Preferably this morning.

I recommend [Read as beg] that you look up the bills yourself, read them thoroughly, and if you are as frightened by it as me, make some calls. This doesn't just effect the USA. This new law will make it possible for copyrights around the world to be infringed at no penalty (paraphrased; make your own deductions here).

Please don't take this as a scare tactic; I'm surely scared, but I want you to decide for yourself, and if you're scared too, please help!

[Updated on: Fri, 03 October 2008 13:59 UTC]

Re: Orphaned Works 2008 [message #1500 is a reply to message #1499 ] Fri, 03 October 2008 16:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dalhimar  is currently offline Dalhimar
Go to my shop
Personally i find this extreamly offensive. This would allow large companies to obtain the works of people that are unknown with almost no cost to them in comparison as if they took the normal routes.
I dont know about everyone else but I am all against this, I am also alerting every person i can that could be interested in this.
Re: Orphaned Works 2008 [message #1541 is a reply to message #1500 ] Fri, 10 October 2008 17:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Zeekar  is currently offline Zeekar
Go to all my models
http://ipaorphanworks.blogspot.com/2008/10/orphan-works-publ ic-knowledge.html

Ding-dong the witch is dead! Surprised (until next year)

I honestly hope for a well-deliberated compromise next year. For now, though, I'm happy with the "victory". We live to fight another day.

Thanks for your attention on this matter. ^^

Back to 3d modeling!

Previous Topic:SPORE creations
Next Topic:Gallery Previews