Home » Support » Buying » Shipping overseas to someone else
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shipping overseas to someone else [message #14800] Thu, 15 July 2010 23:29 UTC Go to next message
avatar kshort  is currently offline kshort
Go to my shop
Hi,

I'm in Australia, and want to purchase a model as a gift and have shapeways send it to the USA.

In the ordering section, it says that I can' t have a different billing address and shipping address due to VAT calculations.

I don't get it!?

I will pay online anyway, but I don't want another bill being sent to the recipient as it is a gift.

Can someone please fill me in?

cheers,
Kieran
Re: Shipping overseas to someone else [message #14804 is a reply to message #14800 ] Fri, 16 July 2010 05:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Kieran,

This is very frustrating but at the moment due to the Dutch VAT laws you can only send to third parties in the same country as yourself unless you are a registered Dutch business.

Unfortunately due to US import laws Shapeways cannot send the item without a receipt attached.

So there are two issues at play.

If Shapeways can find a way around this I am sure it would be beneficial to many users. If enough people ask for this feature it will be pushed up on the priority list of things to address.

Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss further.

Duann Scott

Previous Topic:Fool Proof Ordering Process
Next Topic:Is Shapeway's packing material recyclable?